Peace Corps

www.peacecorps.gov

The toughest job you'll ever love

Agroforestry Extension Agent (Former Employee)

ProsIt is truly a life-changing experience to live and work in another country. PCVs learn invaluable communication and problem-solving skills that can transfer to any job after service.

Also, I love the Third Goal of the mission statement - "Helping promote a better understanding of other peoples on the part of Americans." Because of this, PC service is never really finished.

ConsA pro and a con - since many PCVs live far from the PC offices, they receive little support from PC staff. This requires PCVs to develop self-motivation skills.

Challenge, Adventure, Awesome, Never experience anything like it.

Agriculture and Rural Business Development Consultant (Former Employee) Leova (Moldova)

I worked at Peace Corps full-time for more than a year

Pros: It's an adventure of a life time. Noncompetitive status only… Cons: Can get VERY lonely at your permanent site. Advice to Senior Management: Volunteers should be treated like adults. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Met interesting people

Help Desk (Former Employee) Washington, DC (US)

I worked at Peace Corps full-time for more than a year

Pros: Diversity. You get to meet people from all across the united states. This makes the work place such… Cons: Some people are lazy, especially in the field offices. They give the peace corps such a bad name. The… Advice to Senior Management: increase diversity of the recruits More

There are newer reviews on Peace Corps.

Worked for Peace Corps? Contribute to the Community!