Peace Corps
www.peacecorps.gov Washington, DC 1000 to 5000 Employees

The toughest job you'll ever love

Agroforestry Extension Agent (Former Employee)

I worked at Peace Corps full-time for more than a year

ProsIt is truly a life-changing experience to live and work in another country. PCVs learn invaluable communication and problem-solving skills that can transfer to any job after service.

Also, I love the Third Goal of the mission statement - "Helping promote a better understanding of other peoples on the part of Americans." Because of this, PC service is never really finished.

ConsA pro and a con - since many PCVs live far from the PC offices, they receive little support from PC staff. This requires PCVs to develop self-motivation skills.

Challenge, Adventure, Awesome, Never experience anything like it.

Agriculture and Rural Business Development Consultant (Former Employee)
Leova (Moldova)

I worked at Peace Corps full-time for more than a year

Pros: It's an adventure of a life time. Noncompetitive status only… Cons: Can get VERY lonely at your permanent site. Advice to Senior Management: Volunteers should be treated like adults. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Service with a mission

Program Specialist (Current Employee)
Washington, DC (US)

I have been working at Peace Corps full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great benefits, ability to work remotely, good location, special federal hiring status after… Cons: Five-year rule causes too much turn over, you need to be looking for a new… Advice to Senior Management: Get rid of the five year rule and just make everyone up… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Peace Corps.

Worked for Peace Corps? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Peace Corps reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Peace Corps CEO Carrie Hessler-Radelet . All reviews posted anonymously by Peace Corps employees.