Temp

Former Employee - Assembly  in  Indianapolis, IN (US)
Former Employee - Assembly in Indianapolis, IN (US)

I worked at Pearson full-time for less than a year

Pros

In about a month of working at Pearson I began training to be promoted to line leader. They really appreciate hard work and they reward it!

Cons

I was let go after a month because of a policy enforced by HR dept. My managers all had a meeting with HR to keep me on my job but HR wouldn't budge.

I feel that the managers and higher ups should have say in which employees remain with company despite a minor attendance policy issue. If the managers are fighting to keep an employee and are trying to promote that employee then let them use their discretion to make the right decision. Besides that I have nothing to say bad about this company because it is an awesome company that does a lot for its workers. Once an individual is hired on full-time the benefits are great and all of that so I hope they keep doing what they are doing and never change the integrity of the company by getting money hungry or downplaying those who've been through it with them!

Other Reviews for Pearson

Fun place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

I worked at Pearson full-time

Pros

Short work week and plenty of cyber commute options. When things get crazy everyone works together to get the job out the door with the minimum amount of defects.

Cons

management doesn't always understand what we do. on several occasions releases were forced to go out before they were ready, and the resulting issues resulted in production outages and lost revenue

Enough with the reorgs. Let's get some stability in LTG, invest in hardware so we an get our work done correctly.

Not research based, don't really care about education and borrow from future revenue

Former Employee - Publisher's Representative  in  Ann Arbor, MI (US)
    Former Employee - Publisher's Representative in Ann Arbor, MI (US)

I worked at Pearson full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great benefits package and more privacy to do your job than in many industries.

Cons

They require lots of team selling and oversight for important sales. They take control of the sale out of the sales representatives hands yet hold the rep completely responsible for the results win or loose.They require you to sell products the customer doesn't want or need. They don't care about misrepresenting publication dates...they publish books a year in advance of the actual copyright date. In other words they will publish a book in 2011 with a 2012 or 2013 copyright. This is about borrowing sales revenue from the next year. It also means that sometime it's going to catch up with them and they are using a trick that is destroying our economy for short term fixes.

If you are holding the local rep. responsible for the end result let them control the sale process. Too many managers don't know what is going on in departments yet they are making the decisions.

There are newer employer reviews for Pearson.

Worked for Pearson? Contribute to the Community!