Pearson

www.pearson.com
There are newer employer reviews for Pearson

Temp

Former Employee - Assembly in Indianapolis, IN (US)
Former Employee - Assembly in Indianapolis, IN (US)

I worked at Pearson full-time (less than a year)

Pros

In about a month of working at Pearson I began training to be promoted to line leader. They really appreciate hard work and they reward it!

Cons

I was let go after a month because of a policy enforced by HR dept. My managers all had a meeting with HR to keep me on my job but HR wouldn't budge.

I feel that the managers and higher ups should have say in which employees remain with company despite a minor attendance policy issue. If the managers are fighting to keep an employee and are trying to promote that employee then let them use their discretion to make the right decision. Besides that I have nothing to say bad about this company because it is an awesome company that does a lot for its workers. Once an individual is hired on full-time the benefits are great and all of that so I hope they keep doing what they are doing and never change the integrity of the company by getting money hungry or downplaying those who've been through it with them!

914 Other Employee Reviews for Pearson (View Most Recent)

Great company, forward vision, hard workers

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Upper Saddle River, NJ (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Upper Saddle River, NJ (US)

I have been working at Pearson full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Stable, international, diverse, supportive and driven management, great benefits, decent salary, respectible company, summers are sort of slower paced

Cons

Heavy work load, tough education economy and landscape, higher salary needed for stress level and long hours required,

Good place to work, with a lot of good people.

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Chandler, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Chandler, AZ (US)

I have been working at Pearson full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Culture and Lifestyle are good, with a positive goal for product development. Generally can be proud of what you are working on and it's impact on society.

Cons

Career advancement is limited. Pay hasn't kept pace with inflation even with positive reviews, and someone hired off the street will almost always be given more pay for the same job than someone hired internally. Makes it hard to justify not looking outside the company after a while.

There are newer employer reviews for Pearson