There are newer employer reviews for Pearson

Temp

Former Employee - Assembly in Indianapolis, IN (US)
Former Employee - Assembly in Indianapolis, IN (US)

I worked at Pearson full-time (less than an year)

Pros

In about a month of working at Pearson I began training to be promoted to line leader. They really appreciate hard work and they reward it!

Cons

I was let go after a month because of a policy enforced by HR dept. My managers all had a meeting with HR to keep me on my job but HR wouldn't budge.

I feel that the managers and higher ups should have say in which employees remain with company despite a minor attendance policy issue. If the managers are fighting to keep an employee and are trying to promote that employee then let them use their discretion to make the right decision. Besides that I have nothing to say bad about this company because it is an awesome company that does a lot for its workers. Once an individual is hired on full-time the benefits are great and all of that so I hope they keep doing what they are doing and never change the integrity of the company by getting money hungry or downplaying those who've been through it with them!

833 Other Employee Reviews for Pearson (View Most Recent)

Fun place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

I worked at Pearson full-time

Pros

Short work week and plenty of cyber commute options. When things get crazy everyone works together to get the job out the door with the minimum amount of defects.

Cons

management doesn't always understand what we do. on several occasions releases were forced to go out before they were ready, and the resulting issues resulted in production outages and lost revenue

Enough with the reorgs. Let's get some stability in LTG, invest in hardware so we an get our work done correctly.

Pros and cons of working at a big company apply

Former Employee - Development Editor in Boston, MA (US)
    Former Employee - Development Editor in Boston, MA (US)

I worked at Pearson full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Pearson is a really good organization if you're interest in publishing - lots of forward-thinking, innovative stuff going on.

Cons

The only problem is that Pearson Learning Solutions is a very seasonal business, so you have busy summer seasons and very quiet offseasons. That offseason could be better spent on employee development, but Pearson tends to go the temporary-worker route instead, meaning there is a lot of disgruntlement at summer's end.

More employee development. The reorganization should help, but the two-tier recruitment system definitely causes more problems when it comes to employee morale, and it creates a toxic environment.

There are newer employer reviews for Pearson