There are newer employer reviews for Pentair

Pentair is not a workplace that in lasting.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buffalo Grove, IL (US)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buffalo Grove, IL (US)

I have been working at Pentair

Pros

Interesting products, and brands are well known. The locations are spread out across the region and offer lateral movement within the organization.

Cons

Unrealistic expectations of product development to production. Need for FMEA process to avoid rush to production, which only creates waste.

Advice to Management

You need to stop letting customers run your business. Of course the customer is king, but transparency should not mean the customer taking over.

reviews filtered by

Fair compensation, long hours

Current Employee - Product Engineer
    Current Employee - Product Engineer

I have been working at Pentair

Pros

Good experience for an intern. Was allowed to experience product engineering department and get a feel for if I liked it.

Cons

Could have been more engineering related. Boss was kind of full of himself but that could be an isolated incident

Advice to Management

Make dialogue more open between lower levels and upper levels. Communicate decisions more with engineers. Give engineers more input in decision making.

Good experience, but finance really holds the purse strings on every activity

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Aurora, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Aurora, IL (US)

I have been working at Pentair

Pros

Global company, good brands, good people

Cons

Little to no training available, little budget money for any extras like travel, office supplies, advertising, etc.

Advice to Management

CEO Randy Hogan needs to look closer at the management of each facility to make sure they are actually following his philosophies. He believes in marketing, branding, advertising but each facility is not focused on those areas. Finance runs the show and does not promote the brands.