There are newer employer reviews for Petco

Overall more positive than negative

Current Employee - General Manager in Pittsburgh, PA (US)
Current Employee - General Manager in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I have been working at Petco full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I love petcos vision, they truly do care for animals

Cons

I think they could pay a lot better more fairly, be consistent with what all of their stores look like, better pos equipment

Please pay your top performers better, compare to others in same kind of work position

632 Other Employee Reviews for Petco (View Most Recent)

Good work experience, uncommitted management.

Former Employee - Companion Animal Department Manager in Long Beach, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Companion Animal Department Manager in Long Beach, CA (US)

I worked at Petco part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great broad experience in retail management (merchandising, advertising, planograms, etc.). No specific job, all sales associates completed a variety of roles.

Cons

Management that cared little about developing their talent pool. Employees that were not committed to the job and made it difficult for those who were interested in doing their job correctly. Little to no supervision or direction in a lot of cases.

Pretty fun!

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at Petco part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I get to play with other people's pets! Nice discount for employees. Rewards card is very helpful! Fairly laidback when it's not busy compared to Target. My boss is very good about scheduling around things or rescheduling a shift if given prior notice (ie can't come in until 3pm but your shift starts at 1? no problem!)

Cons

Sometimes short staffed. Rude customers (but that's everywhere!). Have to call a manager to verify 100's and 50's which can take a while depending on when they're busy.

Let more than just the managers verify the 100's and 50's! Show us how to use the UV machine yall use, customers get impatient having to wait 2-5 minutes and we constantly apologize for the wait.

There are newer employer reviews for Petco