Plum Creek Timber
www.plumcreek.com Seattle, WA 500 to 999 Employees

Most employees were friendly and helpful, and the pay was good.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Plum Creek Timber

ProsPlum Creek has some of the best people! Because of the dispersed geography with small offices across the country, it has a small company feel. Many people have worked together for years, especially in the smaller towns, but they also have a welcoming attitude towards new talent.

It is a fairly flat organization, which allows for good communication.

Compensation is good, and the HR team stays current on pay rates in the market. The bonus program is generous and based on performance of the company and individual. Insurance and 401k match are good.

ConsBecause it is a flat organization, it can be difficult to advance. This is not a great place to race up the corporate ladder but is good for people who are willing to stay in their roles for several years.

Another potential downside is that some central functions are primarily based in one location (accounting in Arkansas and Montana, IT in Montana) and employees who work in a different location may feel disconnected from the group.

Employees are treated well

Senior Developer (Current Employee)
Meridian, ID (US)

I have been working at Plum Creek Timber

Pros: Good job, well paid and well treated. I don't know what else to say other than… Cons: It is a small company and therefore has the politics and limitations of a small company. If you need a large environment with lots… Advice to Senior Management: none. I'm not plugged in at a level high… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Good company.

IT (Current Employee)
Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at Plum Creek Timber

Pros: Generous Bonus Program. 3 Weeks vacation to start for… Cons: IT personnel are mostly in MT. Working in Seattle… Advice to Senior Management: Employees should be able to review their direct managers to… More

There are newer reviews on Plum Creek Timber.

Worked for Plum Creek Timber? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Plum Creek Timber reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Plum Creek Timber CEO Rick R. Holley. All reviews posted anonymously by Plum Creek Timber employees.