There are newer employer reviews for Plum Creek Timber

Most employees were friendly and helpful, and the pay was good.

I worked at Plum Creek Timber

Pros

Plum Creek has some of the best people! Because of the dispersed geography with small offices across the country, it has a small company feel. Many people have worked together for years, especially in the smaller towns, but they also have a welcoming attitude towards new talent.

It is a fairly flat organization, which allows for good communication.

Compensation is good, and the HR team stays current on pay rates in the market. The bonus program is generous and based on performance of the company and individual. Insurance and 401k match are good.

Cons

Because it is a flat organization, it can be difficult to advance. This is not a great place to race up the corporate ladder but is good for people who are willing to stay in their roles for several years.

Another potential downside is that some central functions are primarily based in one location (accounting in Arkansas and Montana, IT in Montana) and employees who work in a different location may feel disconnected from the group.

8 Other Employee Reviews for Plum Creek Timber (View Most Recent)

Employees are treated well

Current Employee - Senior Developer  in  Meridian, ID (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Developer in Meridian, ID (US)

I have been working at Plum Creek Timber

Pros

Good job, well paid and well treated. I don't know what else to say other than I try to do my best work and in return I am treated well and compensated well.

Cons

It is a small company and therefore has the politics and limitations of a small company. If you need a large environment with lots of ways to advance then this place is not for you. If you like the small company atmosphere where everyone knows each each other. It's more like a family than a traaditional corporate environment.

none. I'm not plugged in at a level high enough to really have insight for the top tier management.

Good company.

Current Employee - IT  in  Seattle, WA (US)
    Current Employee - IT in Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at Plum Creek Timber

Pros

Generous Bonus Program. 3 Weeks vacation to start for senior folks.

Cons

IT personnel are mostly in MT. Working in Seattle office can be a disadvantage.

Employees should be able to review their direct managers to their managers manager.

There are newer employer reviews for Plum Creek Timber

Worked for Plum Creek Timber? Contribute to the Community!