Portugal Telecom
www.telecom.pt Lisbon, Portugal 1000 to 5000 Employees

Excellent company to start working at

IT Consultant (Current Employee)
Lisbon (Portugal)

I have been working at Portugal Telecom as an intern for less than a year

ProsSpecific program (PT Trainees) for recruiting of raw university talent, independently of course.
Great integration for new people based on periodic side activities over the first two years which are part of the program.

ConsMilleage may vary at such a large company, there are many different people and job types which make each person's experience unique and not necessarily what one would expect after being accepted.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease the company's focus on expanding its business model internationally even more, as Portugal is a very small market for all the big ideas that are being developed.

To much outsourcing

Software Engineer (Former Employee)
Lisbon (Portugal)

I worked at Portugal Telecom full-time for more than a year

Pros: You learn enterprise size methodologies there. The company lunch area… Cons: They don't have good work life balance and the outsourcing is terrible, seen people there that are outsourced… Advice to Senior Management: the outsourcing is not really saving any money, offer those workers half of what you pay to the outsourcing companies and the "real" workers will… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Great workplace

SAP Consultant (Former Employee)

I worked at Portugal Telecom full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Excellent place to learn and get experience, great work environment. Cons: Compensation should be one tool for administrators to drive workers… Advice to Senior Management: Please reward intelligently Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Portugal Telecom.

Worked for Portugal Telecom? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Portugal Telecom reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Portugal Telecom CEO Zeinal A. Mahomed Bava. All reviews posted anonymously by Portugal Telecom employees.