Once an enjoyable workplace has become not so enjoyable after all

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

co-workers and middle management are very supportive

Cons

New senior leadership has brought an east-coast attitude to business to midwest family life - the two are like oil and water. Some of us are now expected to be on call 24/7 and in the office until west coast business hours end....which is past dinner time for our families - for those of us with college degrees it shouldn't be a surprise that we are dissatisfied with being expected to work retail hours like this. No more bonuses and funds for celebrations have been given away to unfamiliar charities. Not cool.

You may not think that the satisfaction of employees is important and that you can just hire more people to replace those who have left, but all of our data we've collected for our clients says a high turnover and dissatisfied employees equal dissatisfied clients and decreased revenue...perhaps we need to practice what we preach?

Other Reviews for Press Ganey

The change in culture has been this organization's demise.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  South Bend, IN (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN (US)

I worked at Press Ganey full-time

Pros

The company provided a great service to their clients and truly practiced what they preached. I was a proud employee. Their products are amazing (I can only speak to their core patient/employee survey component.

Cons

I have seen a few comments stating that others that have left negative reviews are individuals that aren't good with change. I completely disagree. It has become a "good ol' boy" club and if you do not kiss up to the right person in the right manner, you are treated poorly and driven out. Change IS good. There were many MANY people that would have done whatever was necessary to promote and develop the company. They have lost a lot of dedicated people and with that, a lot of what made Press Ganey the wonderful company that Dr.'s Press, Ganey, and Hall created.

Honestly, I doubt any "advice" would help. If you asked this 4 years ago, I am certain it would have been sincerely accepted. Now, not so much.

The emperor has no clothes

I worked at Press Ganey full-time

Pros

The mission of the company- to help improve healthcare - used to mean something, now its been distorted.

Cons

The company began its freefall in the first quarter of this year when the latest management took the reins. Executive staff were terminated and the spaces left filled with past work cronies and relatives, many with little to no healthcare experience to qualify them. In less than six months, the company's client base has shrunk, products have failed and many, many qualified people have left. It's really odd that the board has let them continue when we haven't seen any positive results to date.

They talk a lot about respect but they don't seem to practice what they preach. Their attitude is condescending, patronizing and even degrading at times. Everyone seems to be overworked and micromanaged to the point that morale has reached subterranean levels. Not to mention, it looks like they are switching everything to be out of Chicago or Boston since they have new office spaces they are looking to fill. Raises the question if South Bend will just turn into some sort of service bureau with the company headquartered somewhere else... they don't seem to want to fill any new positions from within.

Change is good. But changing things just to change is ignorant. Take some time to learn about a company, its dynamics, strengths and weaknesses before assuming you know better. You are throwing away the expertise and dedication that helped Press Ganey survive for over 25 years.

There are newer employer reviews for Press Ganey.

Worked for Press Ganey? Contribute to the Community!