Misleading

Former Employee - EDI Specialist
Former Employee - EDI Specialist

I worked at Press Ganey full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I cannot think of any at this time.

Cons

Management has no idea what is going on. Hired as a 6 month consultant to hire, was told 3 weeks in that I will be hired at the end of my contract, then three weeks later they changed their minds.

Advice to Management

Get a clue.

reviews filtered by
  1. Physician tool

Current Employee - Senior Research Analyst
    Current Employee - Senior Research Analyst

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Just saw a demo of Press Ganey's new physician survey tool -- looks great and innovative. I like the crispness of the presentation. I think this will position us well in the marketplace.

Cons

Nothing really as I think things are going well.

Advice to Management

Look to do more efforts similar to this.

Tedious,, Company internal workflow Not technically or innvotative thinking- expected more from new executive team

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People are friendly and will bend over backwards to help you at this organization. Very thorough and competent Compliance team.. Best Contract team I have ever worked with- they are tireless and meticiulous. Very responsive Account Management team.

Cons

This company is out-dated, tedious and creates more internal work for themselves than any company I have ever seen. The amount of "CC" emails that every employee is on- is ridiculous- way too much unnecessary information on a continuous basis -with no strategy or thought to make changes. If you encourage change- you are frowned upon for speaking up.

Upper management is the problem here -from Sr. VP down to VP. A different approach or change is discouraged in this company. This management style and culture would work better in a repetitive environment- such as a factory or assembly line- but a challenge a market where the competition is far more innovative and streamlined than PG.

Marketing and Product Management - no changes in messaging or product ingeunity . Total lack of creativity. In more than 18 mos- 1 new feature- Quick Reports- that was a tiny improvement in the solution- Too much data, too little openness to change or streamlining- and sales leadreship churns through new business sales on a regular basis, (people are not aware they are gone for months.) As a result, ZERO sales growth and competition is eating away at the PG market share- ( PG's pride and joy.).

Many of us had high hopes for Pat Ryan and his new managment team to bring change. Pat Ryan is personable, charasmitic, intersting person. Unfortunately, he is one person who can't change the biggest challenge of all- Press Ganey internal team who have been there far too long and think continue the way we have always worked and everything will be fine. In this changing market- this lack of foresigth and vision will continue to erode PG's business. And no amount of analytics, 300 page reports, or PhD statisticians will be able to fix this slow moving, red -tape company. They are their own worst enemy.

Advice to Management

Advice: Replace the "good ole boy" mediocre management and bring in new Product Management, Marketing and Sales leadership. Even Pat Ryan's charisma and sincerity won't be able to change the "Stepford" mentality (responding to clients, product, and sales the same way we have always done.) and lackluster performance until an overhaul of internal change is done. If factory, assembly-line mentality work is for you with tons of emails to always read- this is the place !