Primerica
www.primerica.com Duluth, GA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Don't get paid at all until you get licenced.

District Leader (Former Employee)
Northridge, CA (US)

I worked at Primerica part-time for less than a year

ProsYou work on your own schedule and show up to the meetings if you want to, which I reccomend that you do. My RVP was awesome, so upbeat and excited. It seems easy to get promoted. There's no one there to promote you, you promote yourself by the work you put in. Very energetic atmosphere, almost like a family.

ConsYou can't get paid until you get your licence which consists 30 hours of classes I believe then take the state exam. You don't work on a set salary, it all depends how many life insurance applications you sell. Must drive to people's home, you don't work in a office unless your Regional Vice President which practically is their own office their paying for.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo really stick to what they really aim for, to please the client and whatever they can to insure the families future and make a difference. Reason I say this is because a family friend of mine was interested in getting life insurance and my mentor was the one to explain everything in detail which took about 3 hours. She was excited and signed but had a change of mind and couldn't afford at the time and wanted to cancel it. My mentor said, "Absolutely, no problem!" It's been 4 months and their still charging her monthly for her contract. I can't work with a company that does that to their clients and be apart of that.

Hard work pays off, big!

District Leader (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at Primerica part-time for more than a year

Pros: Pay is commissioned based and I usually get paid within hours of a sale, not monthly as some have… Cons: Hard work, if that is a con. You're going to have to get out… Advice to Senior Management: Mr. Addison and Mr. Williams, keep up the great work.. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great company

Regional Leader (Former Employee)
Tinton Falls, NJ (US)

I worked at Primerica full-time for more than a year

Pros: Has identified an underserved market thatshas been abandoned by the… Cons: Those who dont work bad mouth company Advice to Senior Management: Continue with your leadership and direction Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Primerica.

Worked for Primerica? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Primerica reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Primerica CEO John A. Addison Jr.. All reviews posted anonymously by Primerica employees.