1972 Employee Reviews (View Most Recent)

Nice company but…

I worked at Procter & Gamble part-time

Pros

Well run company for the most part, but saw alot of cost inefficiencies. Probably why i was part of a massive downsizing-nationwide. They outsourced our sales/ merchandising jobs to another company

Cons

Low pay and not challenging work but stuck with it for the flexibility of my hours.

Other Reviews for Procter & Gamble

Not Honest

Former Employee - Senior Scientist  in  Cincinnati, OH (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Scientist in Cincinnati, OH (US)

I worked at Procter & Gamble full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great salary, Excellent Benefits, Smart and Talented People, Pleasant Environment, Opportunities to work with some of the most talented people to be found.

Cons

All is not what it seems at P&G. In principle, the Values statement of the company is great. In practice, they are ignored and no one does anything about it.

The CEO will preach the values, and claim the Company takes them seriously, but it isn't so...

If you lie, cheat, or steal so that you have a well-placed supervisor in your management chain that is either a collaborator or will be embarrassed if your dishonest actions are revealed, you can almost certainly get away with it. If you try to report this sort of thing, you can be punished. The hierarchy doesn't favor truth at all; it is designed first to cover up anything that might make the Company look bad. If you don't care about honesty very much, then you will probably like P&G a lot.

Be honest for a change

Great people and challenging work but too rigid, hierarchical, and extremely competitive.

Current Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Boston, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Boston, MA (US)

I have been working at Procter & Gamble full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Extremely talented people who enjoy collaborating and achieving great results.
    Focus on training and development. I've had some of the best managers of my career at P&G.
    Diverse brands offer a vast array of business situations to build expertise.
    Variety of resources and support to get your work done.

Cons

Exhausting to get things done due to multiple priorities and layers of approvals. Decision making is not P&G's strength.
    Relentless focus on data is great but it comes at the expense of learning to trust your gut. Also too many internal experts...we should be looking externally more.
    Up or out system. P&G hires some of the best people in the world but you end up feeling average. Employees are rated yearly by managers we've never met so sucess is dependent on how you write your results and your manager's ability to influence others.

Empower employees to make more decisions at the lower levels, and put more of the internal competitive focus on the actual competition. Celebrate people's strenghts and help them find career opportunities that better fit their skills instead of making them feel inadequate.

There are newer employer reviews for Procter & Gamble.

Worked for Procter & Gamble? Contribute to the Community!