Progressive Business Publications

www.pbp.com
  www.pbp.com
There are newer employer reviews for Progressive Business Publications

PBP’s environment encourages you to succeed at your job

Current Employee - Marketing Manager  in  Malvern, PA (US)
Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Malvern, PA (US)

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

- PBP is a meritocracy - if you do well you’re rewarded with more, challenging work that plays to your strengths. As a result, I’ve been able to grow within the company and work with many different divisions which has allowed me to both learn a lot and contribute to the overall growth of the company.
- The People - I’ve never worked with a group of more talented and interesting people. It makes work more enjoyable if you like the people you work with.
- Giving back - PBP doesn’t just give money to non-profit organizations they support, they also encourage their employees to give time during the work day to make a difference in a child’s life by mentoring elementary school children

Cons

The office itself is "tired" looking. I would love to have more access to windows and natural light. And, more parking spaces, too.

70 Other Employee Reviews for Progressive Business Publications (View Most Recent)

Positive about the future

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Malvern, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA (US)

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have been able to work with some autonomy and grow the business segments within the realm of my responsibility. My role has not changed, but I have been able to better define the role and increase expectations and results. I enjoy those I work with, am challenged to by the fact there is more I can do to improve processes towards increasing revenue for the company and my division.

Cons

Low salary, but have been able to grow income through incentives.

Everyone was so supportive and encouraging

Former Employee - Assistant Editor  in  Malvern, PA (US)
    Former Employee - Assistant Editor in Malvern, PA (US)

I worked at Progressive Business Publications full-time for more than a year

Pros

I began work at PBP as an administrative assistant in the special events department. It wasn't my dream job, but the people were all very nice and the work was enjoyable. As I expressed interest and showed ability, my supervisor was happy to allow me to branch out into different types of tasks and areas of the company. Some of the wonderful things I got to do while working at PBP include assisting with the design of the line of greeting cards and developing a dance team with a few elementary school students that attend a school the PBP sponsors. I was also encouraged to apply for a position in the editorial department, even though it took me away from my admin duties. Everyone was happy to give me opportunities and support my goals from the beginning of my time there (I was even able to telecommute part time). It was difficult to leave such a welcoming and encouraging group of people when I had to take my leave due to relocating for my husband's work.

Cons

There were a few things that bothered me with the editorial work. One of them was having to do cold calls, mostly because I am not a terribly confident person on the phone. Another was the strictness of the format of how they write the articles for the newsletter, but that's what works for them and it's something that you just have to learn how to do.

It would have been encouraged to research articles more before writing them.

There are newer employer reviews for Progressive Business Publications

Worked for Progressive Business Publications? Contribute to the Community!