There are newer employer reviews for Progressive Business Publications

PBP’s environment encourages you to succeed at your job

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Malvern, PA (US)
Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Malvern, PA (US)

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

- PBP is a meritocracy - if you do well you’re rewarded with more, challenging work that plays to your strengths. As a result, I’ve been able to grow within the company and work with many different divisions which has allowed me to both learn a lot and contribute to the overall growth of the company.
- The People - I’ve never worked with a group of more talented and interesting people. It makes work more enjoyable if you like the people you work with.
- Giving back - PBP doesn’t just give money to non-profit organizations they support, they also encourage their employees to give time during the work day to make a difference in a child’s life by mentoring elementary school children

Cons

The office itself is "tired" looking. I would love to have more access to windows and natural light. And, more parking spaces, too.

reviews filtered by

Surprised by teamwork

Current Employee - Manager in Malvern, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Manager in Malvern, PA (US)

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great flexibility with work schedule. Accommodating any and all family need and emergencies. Provide an excellent work environment and a casual atmosphere.

Cons

Pay is not great but the benefits are excellent. Lack of communication on a few issues and the HR department could be better involved with identifying poor performers and working on action plans to improve their performance or moving on.

Advice to Management

Need to be proactive with succession planning

Positive about the future

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA (US)

Pros

I have been able to work with some autonomy and grow the business segments within the realm of my responsibility. My role has not changed, but I have been able to better define the role and increase expectations and results. I enjoy those I work with, am challenged to by the fact there is more I can do to improve processes towards increasing revenue for the company and my division.

Cons

Low salary, but have been able to grow income through incentives.