Progressive Business Publications

Overall great experience

Former Employee - Summer Editorial Intern
Former Employee - Summer Editorial Intern

I worked at Progressive Business Publications as an intern for less than a year

Pros

I had a wonderful experience as an editorial intern at Progressive Business Publications this past summer. I worked as an assistant editor on several of Progressive Business Publication's newsletters. I was responsible for writing cover stories, short pieces, and calling subscribers to generate content. By the end of the internship I had taken on the responsibilities of a full-time emplyee. All of the other employees were extremely helpful, and I felt like I was really a part of the Progressive Business Publications family. The company is founded on solid ethical principles and truly adheres to them. Progressive Business Publications is also involved in various philanthropic initiatives in the community. The mentorship program in particular has had remarkable success in improving the lives of children in the area and improving test scores as well.

Cons

Sometimes it got very tedious to have to go through the list of subscribers making phone calls, but I understand it is part of the job, I also wasn't making as much as some of my friends in other internship positions, but I did make a decent amount.

70 Other Employee Reviews for Progressive Business Publications (View Most Recent)

Empowering learning experience at Progressive Business Publications

Former Employee - Summer Marketing Intern  in  Malvern, PA (US)
    Former Employee - Summer Marketing Intern in Malvern, PA (US)

I worked at Progressive Business Publications as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Working as a summer marketing intern at Progressive Business Publications was a truly empowering experience. Never was I treated as "just" an intern, but instead I was taking on tasks like a full-time employee would from day one. The atmosphere among the employees at Progressive Business Publications was remarkable; everyone was friendly and everyone was constantly happy to help and answer questions. My supervisor made sure that I had all the resources I needed in order to fulfill my tasks. Feedback was always prompt and constructive, and whenever I had an idea for a project, I was given full attention by upper level management. Within the ten weeks that I spend interning at Progressive Business Publications, I learned a tremendous amount of applicable knowledge that has since helped me in the classroom as well as in other jobs and internships I have held since. I certainly enjoyed my time at Progressive Business Publications and I am hoping to have the chance to return to the company.

Cons

There are not many cons to mention, besides some tedious tasks that every entry-level position has and the fact that I was not there long enough to join any of the company sports teams.

Keep up the good work at empowering your employees and pushing them to do the best they can.

Started in 1999 and never looked back!

Current Employee - Sales  in  Woodbury, NJ (US)
    Current Employee - Sales in Woodbury, NJ (US)

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

If you do your job well and perform at a high level keeping the customer at the front of all your decisions you will do fine. Company focus is on helping executives do their job better not selling widgets. Every 2 weeks you have an opportunity to speak with a different type of executive while learning about a differnt part of the business world.

Cons

Blue chairs need to be upgraded!

There are newer employer reviews for Progressive Business Publications

Worked for Progressive Business Publications? Contribute to the Community!