There are newer employer reviews for Progressive Business Publications

This company has given me more chances for success than any other organization would dream of

Current Contractor - Branch Manager in DuBois, PA (US)
Current Contractor - Branch Manager in DuBois, PA (US)

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications as a contractor (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible Schedule, You get paid for the effort you put in and the process is very understanding and easy to work with.

Cons

Bad employees fudging the system to make themselves orders and hurting the companies reputation.

Advice to Management

Keep up the hard work, the employees that are there every day are well worth your effort. Do not let the individuals that make snap decisions of the company with out having all the facts bother you.

reviews filtered by

Questionable business ethics driven by greed

Former Employee - Marketing in Malvern, PA (US)
    Former Employee - Marketing in Malvern, PA (US)

I worked at Progressive Business Publications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

casual work atmosphere, some fun employee activities

Cons

This is a churn & burn organization - both with their treatment of employees and their email marketing practices. A quick Google search will show you plenty of "questionable business ethics".
    Not much vacation time & paid holidays - lousy insurance.
    Management will guide you very little but hold you accountable for everything. Expect little guidance and the likelihood that you will never elevate your position unless a member of the almost all-male management club. Greed-driven initiatives with poor project management planning and follow-through.

Advice to Management

Change your bad business ethics, poor benefits, low-pay

Empowering learning experience at Progressive Business Publications

Former Intern - Summer Marketing Intern in Malvern, PA (US)
    Former Intern - Summer Marketing Intern in Malvern, PA (US)

I worked at Progressive Business Publications as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Working as a summer marketing intern at Progressive Business Publications was a truly empowering experience. Never was I treated as "just" an intern, but instead I was taking on tasks like a full-time employee would from day one. The atmosphere among the employees at Progressive Business Publications was remarkable; everyone was friendly and everyone was constantly happy to help and answer questions. My supervisor made sure that I had all the resources I needed in order to fulfill my tasks. Feedback was always prompt and constructive, and whenever I had an idea for a project, I was given full attention by upper level management. Within the ten weeks that I spend interning at Progressive Business Publications, I learned a tremendous amount of applicable knowledge that has since helped me in the classroom as well as in other jobs and internships I have held since. I certainly enjoyed my time at Progressive Business Publications and I am hoping to have the chance to return to the company.

Cons

There are not many cons to mention, besides some tedious tasks that every entry-level position has and the fact that I was not there long enough to join any of the company sports teams.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work at empowering your employees and pushing them to do the best they can.