Progressive Business Publications

www.pbp.com
  www.pbp.com
There are newer employer reviews for Progressive Business Publications

My Job Is Rewarding

Current Employee - Rather Not Say in Malvern, PA (US)
Current Employee - Rather Not Say in Malvern, PA (US)

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

My job is rewarding. I know the work I do is benefiting various types of individuals and therefore organizations all over the country. Everyday is different for me so it keeps it fresh. While every job has a sense of monotony, the nature of what we do – providing educational materials to business minded folk – provides enough variety to keep it interesting. I am well respected by my boss and I am never micro-managed. While I am guided, I have found that in this company, if you are organized and good with time management you will be treated as the adult you should be in a corporate setting. You are set up for success and led to make “executive decisions” which also makes for a better work environment. Holding employees accountable for their decisions, creativity, and behavior is essential to a successful company.

A lot of companies preach an “open door policy” but I must stress how true this is at PBP. I always feel I am “heard” when I have an idea, propose a process, or simply voice my opinion about how I perceive something happening in the office or company. That to me is the most important part of any job.

Cons

As with every job, of course it has its "cons". Our area in the building is very cold everyday, no matter the weather outside. We do have a space heater though. Also, who doesn’t want to make more money? I have had wage increases as I have moved up and into various positions with different responsibilities but of course I hope to get more responsibility eventually and therefore make more money.

76 Other Employee Reviews for Progressive Business Publications (View Most Recent)

This company has given me more chances for success than any other organization would dream of

Current Employee - Branch Manager in DuBois, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in DuBois, PA (US)

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications as a contractor (more than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible Schedule, You get paid for the effort you put in and the process is very understanding and easy to work with.

Cons

Bad employees fudging the system to make themselves orders and hurting the companies reputation.

Keep up the hard work, the employees that are there every day are well worth your effort. Do not let the individuals that make snap decisions of the company with out having all the facts bother you.

Overall great experience

Former Employee - Summer Editorial Intern
    Former Employee - Summer Editorial Intern

I worked at Progressive Business Publications as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

I had a wonderful experience as an editorial intern at Progressive Business Publications this past summer. I worked as an assistant editor on several of Progressive Business Publication's newsletters. I was responsible for writing cover stories, short pieces, and calling subscribers to generate content. By the end of the internship I had taken on the responsibilities of a full-time emplyee. All of the other employees were extremely helpful, and I felt like I was really a part of the Progressive Business Publications family. The company is founded on solid ethical principles and truly adheres to them. Progressive Business Publications is also involved in various philanthropic initiatives in the community. The mentorship program in particular has had remarkable success in improving the lives of children in the area and improving test scores as well.

Cons

Sometimes it got very tedious to have to go through the list of subscribers making phone calls, but I understand it is part of the job, I also wasn't making as much as some of my friends in other internship positions, but I did make a decent amount.

There are newer employer reviews for Progressive Business Publications