Progressive Business Publications

www.pbp.com

Questionable business ethics driven by greed

Former Employee - Marketing  in  Malvern, PA (US)
Former Employee - Marketing in Malvern, PA (US)

I worked at Progressive Business Publications full-time for less than a year

Pros

casual work atmosphere, some fun employee activities

Cons

This is a churn & burn organization - both with their treatment of employees and their email marketing practices. A quick Google search will show you plenty of "questionable business ethics".
Not much vacation time & paid holidays - lousy insurance.
Management will guide you very little but hold you accountable for everything. Expect little guidance and the likelihood that you will never elevate your position unless a member of the almost all-male management club. Greed-driven initiatives with poor project management planning and follow-through.

Change your bad business ethics, poor benefits, low-pay

Other Reviews for Progressive Business Publications

Overall great experience

Former Employee - Summer Editorial Intern
    Former Employee - Summer Editorial Intern

I worked at Progressive Business Publications as an intern for less than a year

Pros

I had a wonderful experience as an editorial intern at Progressive Business Publications this past summer. I worked as an assistant editor on several of Progressive Business Publication's newsletters. I was responsible for writing cover stories, short pieces, and calling subscribers to generate content. By the end of the internship I had taken on the responsibilities of a full-time emplyee. All of the other employees were extremely helpful, and I felt like I was really a part of the Progressive Business Publications family. The company is founded on solid ethical principles and truly adheres to them. Progressive Business Publications is also involved in various philanthropic initiatives in the community. The mentorship program in particular has had remarkable success in improving the lives of children in the area and improving test scores as well.

Cons

Sometimes it got very tedious to have to go through the list of subscribers making phone calls, but I understand it is part of the job, I also wasn't making as much as some of my friends in other internship positions, but I did make a decent amount.

Positive Environment, Dedicated and Professional Colleagues

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications full-time

Pros

*Culture that encourages achievement
    *Colleagues are people of accomplishment who encourage and support one another
    *Opportunity to bring great ideas to fruition
    *Strong record of giving back to the community

Cons

*It is hurtful and aggravating to read the nasty criticisms and negative comments seen on the web.
    *some of these harangues seem unfair and misleading

There are newer employer reviews for Progressive Business Publications.

Worked for Progressive Business Publications? Contribute to the Community!