There are newer employer reviews for Progressive Business Publications

Questionable business ethics driven by greed

Former Employee - Marketing in Malvern, PA (US)
Former Employee - Marketing in Malvern, PA (US)

I worked at Progressive Business Publications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

casual work atmosphere, some fun employee activities

Cons

This is a churn & burn organization - both with their treatment of employees and their email marketing practices. A quick Google search will show you plenty of "questionable business ethics".
Not much vacation time & paid holidays - lousy insurance.
Management will guide you very little but hold you accountable for everything. Expect little guidance and the likelihood that you will never elevate your position unless a member of the almost all-male management club. Greed-driven initiatives with poor project management planning and follow-through.

Advice to Management

Change your bad business ethics, poor benefits, low-pay

reviews filtered by

Empowering learning experience at Progressive Business Publications

Former Intern - Summer Marketing Intern in Malvern, PA (US)
    Former Intern - Summer Marketing Intern in Malvern, PA (US)

I worked at Progressive Business Publications as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Working as a summer marketing intern at Progressive Business Publications was a truly empowering experience. Never was I treated as "just" an intern, but instead I was taking on tasks like a full-time employee would from day one. The atmosphere among the employees at Progressive Business Publications was remarkable; everyone was friendly and everyone was constantly happy to help and answer questions. My supervisor made sure that I had all the resources I needed in order to fulfill my tasks. Feedback was always prompt and constructive, and whenever I had an idea for a project, I was given full attention by upper level management. Within the ten weeks that I spend interning at Progressive Business Publications, I learned a tremendous amount of applicable knowledge that has since helped me in the classroom as well as in other jobs and internships I have held since. I certainly enjoyed my time at Progressive Business Publications and I am hoping to have the chance to return to the company.

Cons

There are not many cons to mention, besides some tedious tasks that every entry-level position has and the fact that I was not there long enough to join any of the company sports teams.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work at empowering your employees and pushing them to do the best they can.

Started in 1999 and never looked back!

Current Employee - Sales in Woodbury, NJ (US)
    Current Employee - Sales in Woodbury, NJ (US)

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

If you do your job well and perform at a high level keeping the customer at the front of all your decisions you will do fine. Company focus is on helping executives do their job better not selling widgets. Every 2 weeks you have an opportunity to speak with a different type of executive while learning about a differnt part of the business world.

Cons

Blue chairs need to be upgraded!