Protiviti

www.protiviti.com

Tough work but worth it in the long run

Former Employee - Manager  in  New York, NY (US)
Former Employee - Manager in New York, NY (US)

I worked at Protiviti

Pros

Overall it was a good place to work when I was there. Can't speak to current enviornment but generally speaking management listened to my needs and helped me develop. Clients were difficult at times as they are in any organization and one faces the same challenges that one would in any consulting enviornment.

Cons

Hours were pretty long at time, and some of the work mundane. But nothing out of the ordinary. Sometimes it was difficult for new employees to assimilate into the environment, especially to initially land clients. However, I suppose the top performers were able to make it through this difficulty.

Keep listening to your employees and continue to expand services.

Other Reviews for Protiviti

good place to start a career

Former Employee - Senior Consultant  in  Boston, MA (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Boston, MA (US)

I worked at Protiviti

Pros

Opportunity for advancement, good place to start a career. They have good training programs, but not great. Their system for knowledge sharing works pretty well, and the caliber of the majority of the staff is top notch, definitely learn a lot from them with regard to the industry and how to go about engaging clientele.

Cons

Not all management are qualified to be management level. There should be more time put towards training programs to get staff more knowledgeable in the different fields of their interest, instead of just being assigned the same type of projects (unless that's the staff's preference). Shadowing doesn't really take place as much as it should.

don't just deflect and delegate, show how to do it as well

It's a job

Current Employee - Manager  in  Cleveland, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Manager in Cleveland, OH (US)

I have been working at Protiviti

Pros

Clients are great to work with, most of the time. Leadership is trying but the uncertain times make it impossible to figure out what direction to go.

Cons

Uncertain future. The culture of cooperation, teaming, etc. is dissolving as people go in to the mode of self preservation. There are still a lot of people who want to do the right thing though and I think they'll survive but have to reinvent again.

Make sure people aren't just talking the talk. Everyone on board with teaming, but many not acting that way. Look to some of the smaller offices for good leaders. They built things from scratch. Don't assume all ot the good talent has to be sitting in a big office some where.

There are newer employer reviews for Protiviti.

Worked for Protiviti? Contribute to the Community!