Proxim Wireless

www.proxim.com

Proxim was ok

Former Employee - Executive Administrative  in  Milpitas, CA (US)
Former Employee - Executive Administrative in Milpitas, CA (US)

Pros

I had a great boss and executive team. Everyone treated me with respect. I wasn't there very long, but I had opportunities to make a difference and learned new skills.

Cons

At the time I worked for Proxim, they were in quite a bit of financial trouble. I hope this is no longer the case. I really liked the people and it was hard to leave.

Please keep a watchful eye on the budget. I saw too much spending on outside vendors when there was sufficient staff to complete the tasks. I haven't been there in a few years, so maybe things have changed.

Other reviews for Proxim Wireless

Proxim sales --overview

Former Employee - Account Manager
    Former Employee - Account Manager

Pros

Interesting work, cutting edge technology

Cons

whipsawed by changing management with new rules, new petty requirements--eventually they brought in incompetent sales management and got rid of them--also no realism or planning it was just month to month

brought back alot of the people who were laid off or le- ore attentive they could have avoided the whole cycle--poor decisions on mid management

Terrible management and overall lack of direction

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Milpitas, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA (US)

Pros

There were some great people there, but to my knowledge, all the good ones have left for other wireless companies.

Cons

The company has no solid leadership, resulting in a complete lack of direction and focus. They treat employees horribly, and the moral there was the worst I've ever seen in a work environment.

Pick a product direction/focus and stick with it. And invest in actually marketing those products.

There are newer employer reviews for Proxim Wireless.

Worked for Proxim Wireless? Contribute to the Community!