Public Consulting Group

www.publicconsultinggroup.com
  www.publicconsultinggroup.com
There are newer employer reviews for Public Consulting Group

Smart, highly-motivated, creative, and caring professionals do well at PCG!

I have been working at Public Consulting Group full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

PCG has a proud history of customer satisfaction and loyalty. Willing to take on the nations most complex projects, PCG has helped define the best practices in health, human services, and education in the USA, Canda, and most recently Europe. As the challenges around the world become more interesting, career opportunities at PCG will continue to grow.

Cons

It's not a place for everyone. Even after a rigorous interview process, people come to PCG not understanding the work schedule and demands are intense. This place is not a non-profit nor a steady-as-you go work environment. The clients are demanding as hell because they have complex and serious business problems to solve. PCG employees at all levels rollup their sleeves and do the hard work to make government and schools work better.

Continue to invest in innovation. That requires both technology and human capital. PCG's growth has always been fueled by innovation and it will only continue if PCG keeps doubling down on GREAT professionals.

134 Other Employee Reviews for Public Consulting Group (View Most Recent)

The Opportunity is what you make it.

Current Employee - Director in Boston, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Director in Boston, MA (US)

I have been working at Public Consulting Group full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I've been with PCG now for more than ten years. I started at the bottom and made several moves through the company before reaching the position of Director. It wasn't easy. I had to work for it. PCG gave me many opportunities and each time I rose to the challenge. I didn't wait for them to hand things to me. I made my own path and was rewarded for it.

PCG is full of rewarding career opportunities. Each year the company takes a step forward. It evolves and learns from its mistakes. Have an idea to make things better? Stand up and be heard. They do listen.

Now you will hear that IT has struggled to keep pace with current technologies. And that was true. But things are really changing in this area. The staff has doubled and old staff members have been re-energized with the help of a new CIO and a major investment in infrastructure.

Cons

Communication of news and events within the company is sparce.

Invest in communication tools to increase collaboration within and across offices.

A demanding/hard employer; for the select few who have the stamina, skills, and commitment, supremely rewarding

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Public Consulting Group full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

there is no limit to career growth opportunities. If you are committed to delivering high quality service to the public sector, and are a consistently high performer i.e. execute assignments on time, of a high quality and within budget; put the clients needs ahead of anything else, are respectful of your clients, peers and the community in which you work, you will succeed here. This place has grown annually by double digit percentages for each of the past 15+ years. That would not have occurred if the marketplace did not regard PCG as a high quality deliverer of business solutions. That consistent groth allows all PCG employees the opportunity to be successful in a satisfying career.

Cons

There are flaws here, however, staff are empowered to suggest and help implement changes to improve the environment. The time reporting, knowledge management system is very difficult to navigate. There needs to be more diversity in the management team. Collaboration across pratice areas occasionally creates tension with regard to project "ownership".

Bring more women and minorities into the management team. The firm management needs to better reflect the markets that it serves

There are newer employer reviews for Public Consulting Group