PwC

www.pwc.com

Great opportunities, but structure creates significant challenges

Manager (Current Employee) Houston, TX (US)

Pros1.) Community - I love the people I work with. They are brilliant at what they do, but more importantly they are fantastic people.
2.) Tremendous opportunity to learn and grow, exposure to senior leadership with clients.
3.) Personally, I enjoy the travel.

Cons1.) Politics - the partnership structure creates huge challenges to effectively deliver work. If you need expertise from another practice area, good luck getting it easily.
2.) Leadership support - again, because of how the firm is structured, even if your leadership supports your work and what you're doing, it may not be valued by the rest of the firm. Particularly if it's not in the audit space.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemove the red tape that prohibits employees from moving around, but more importantly, that inhibits our ability to effectively deliver service to clients because we can't "share" expertise and we end up competing internally for projects.

I Love working at PwC

Experienced Tax Associate (Current Employee) Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I have been working at PwC full-time for more than a year

Pros: The benefits of working for a big 4 accounting firm are amazing. They do everything they can… Cons: One negative of working for a large company is that there are so many locations and thousands of employees that sometimes you feel like a… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Delighted by working with highly talented and passionate people, and lot of opportunities to learn.

Associate (Current Employee) Pune (India)

I have been working at PwC full-time for more than a year

Pros: 1. Encouraging and supportive senior management to take up challenging assignments, 2. World… Cons: 1. One needs to be smart enough to be responsible… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on PwC.

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!