PwC

I worked at PwC

Pros

Great benefits and interesting projects

Cons

Mixed messages from senior leadership

reviews filtered by
  1. A great opportunity to either pursue a career in public accounting or sharpen your skills for other avenues.

Former Employee - Senior Associate in New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Associate in New York, NY (US)

I worked at PwC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

People centric firm that stresses the importance of developing their employees. They have a great coaching environment. Additionally the training both on the job and at the various class-type sessions they offer are very relevant and beneficial.

Cons

Although vacation is typically more than an "industry" position the long hours are not for everyone. Must be willing to travel in order to coco donate the needs of their clientele.

What you would expect for a massive firm - including lots of opportunity

Current Employee - Senior Associate - Advisory
    Current Employee - Senior Associate - Advisory

I have been working at PwC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of opportunity to move around lines of service, geographic location, and different industries within the firm. Coaching / learning is a key focus - lots of shared knowledge to benefit from. A high level of responsibility is given to you at a young age if you pursue it. A great place to launch your career.

Cons

Pay is below market for most skill sets you would learn / utilize here. The review process is broken - working on big projects / for big clients is looked upon very positively when in essence you often learn less from these experiences compared to smaller deals (or audit clients) with smaller teams. The environment is extremely progressive when it comes to communication, feedback, diversity, thought leadership, brand design, etc. This is not always a great thing.

Advice to Management

Revise the utilization / billable hours system, pay a bit more, turnover will decrease substantially and you can then actually choose who should stay and who should stay on board opposed to letting employees dwindle on forever.