Qualcomm
3.9 of 5 1,260 reviews
www.qualcomm.com San Diego, CA 5000+ Employees

Many opportunities at the technical forefront, above average internal mobility and benefits, slightly above average pay

I have been working at Qualcomm

ProsOpportunities to work and innovate in a wide-range of technical disciplines. Internal mobility is higher than at most companies, which helps to prevent burnout. Solid benefits and employee profit sharing.

ConsWorkload is high despite excessive number of meetings; often the entire day is booked full of meetings causing you to stay late into the night to get actual work done.

Team members often give the appearance of working without actually contributing towards project milestones. Therefore, the burden is doubled on the few that actually perform. This may often go unrecognized.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire fewer, but higher performing engineers and incentivise them more. Improve focus by reducing team sizes and number of meetings.

The Best

Staff Engineer/Manager (Current Employee)
San Diego, CA (US)

I have been working at Qualcomm

Pros: Very dynamic place, always changing every thing. You feel like you are on a very fast treadmill, when I take vacations and come… Cons: Sometimes deadlines and pressures of some chips can be hard,… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Qualcomm provided me with a great start to my career

Financial Analyst (Current Employee)
San Diego, CA (US)

I have been working at Qualcomm

Pros: Qualcomm has great benefits, smart qualified coworkers, and is large… Cons: Sometimes the communication between management is a little unclear and… Advice to Senior Management: It would be nice to have a more definite structure to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Qualcomm.

Worked for Qualcomm? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Qualcomm reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Qualcomm CEO Steve Mollenkopf. All reviews posted anonymously by Qualcomm employees.