There are newer employer reviews for Qualcomm

Many opportunities at the technical forefront, above average internal mobility and benefits, slightly above average pay

I have been working at Qualcomm

Pros

Opportunities to work and innovate in a wide-range of technical disciplines. Internal mobility is higher than at most companies, which helps to prevent burnout. Solid benefits and employee profit sharing.

Cons

Workload is high despite excessive number of meetings; often the entire day is booked full of meetings causing you to stay late into the night to get actual work done.

Team members often give the appearance of working without actually contributing towards project milestones. Therefore, the burden is doubled on the few that actually perform. This may often go unrecognized.

Hire fewer, but higher performing engineers and incentivise them more. Improve focus by reducing team sizes and number of meetings.

1622 Other Employee Reviews for Qualcomm (View Most Recent)

The Best

Current Employee - Staff Engineer/Manager  in  San Diego, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Staff Engineer/Manager in San Diego, CA (US)

I have been working at Qualcomm

Pros

Very dynamic place, always changing every thing.
    You feel like you are on a very fast treadmill, when I take vacations and come back, I feel that I have missed out on a lot of new knowledge.
    One of the best corporate cultures and management team.

Cons

Sometimes deadlines and pressures of some chips can be hard, and it is hard to publish papers.

Qualcomm provided me with a great start to my career

Current Employee - Financial Analyst  in  San Diego, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in San Diego, CA (US)

I have been working at Qualcomm

Pros

Qualcomm has great benefits, smart qualified coworkers, and is large enough to have the chance to find something really interesting

Cons

Sometimes the communication between management is a little unclear and it can be easy to get lost in the crowd

It would be nice to have a more definite structure to career progression and more discussion between managers and employees about performance.

There are newer employer reviews for Qualcomm

Worked for Qualcomm? Contribute to the Community!