There are newer employer reviews for Quest Diagnostics

Great advancement opportunities available in this company

Current Employee - Director  in  Washington, DC (US)
Current Employee - Director in Washington, DC (US)

I have been working at Quest Diagnostics full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Advancement opportunity, very good benefits, multiple locations around the country to transfer to if opportunity presents itself.

Cons

Very big, sometimes voice is lost in the corporate strata.

Listen to the people. Keep those who do the work happy.

494 Other Employee Reviews for Quest Diagnostics (View Most Recent)

Great Benefits, but too big for my liking

Former Employee - Senior Systems Analyst  in  Cincinnati, OH (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Systems Analyst in Cincinnati, OH (US)

I worked at Quest Diagnostics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They can do everything in the lab business.

Cons

May have lost their focus while trying to expand their reach into international markets.

Warning: this company has no integrity, morals, ethics, or quality managers

I worked at Quest Diagnostics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There is not a single good thing I have to say about this company.

Cons

Be forewarned: this company's SOP is to lie and hide each and every mistake made by employees, even when it impacts patient care and outcomes. When presented with documented evidence of errors or wrongdoings, management vehemently denies the evidence, immediately covers up the error and then builds a case against the whistle blower, ultimately terminating the employee(s) based on trumped up charges. At first I thought it was just the business unit that I was assigned to, but further investigation indicated that these behaviors are corporate-wide.

Quest markets themselves as a (Lean)Six Sigma organization, but there are incompetent managers and supervisors who insist on a tremendous amount of non-value added work (presumably to cover their rear ends) from poorly trained employees, already under the gun to produce results. (I guess it is true that managers and supervisors are promoted to their level of incompetence.) The culture is so bad that employees will change patient results--critical results that should be communicated to the physician immediately--because they (the employees) don't want to make a call to the physician's office.

It's unfortunate that a prospective employee cannot assess the quality or integrity of the organization before they accept a position with Quest. Perhaps after reading this horror story they will think long and hard about working for a company that runs on lie after lie.

Management is in total denial. Any suggestion would be immediately dismissed.

There are newer employer reviews for Quest Diagnostics

Worked for Quest Diagnostics? Contribute to the Community!