There are newer employer reviews for Raytheon

Lots of opportunity, your career is YOUR responsibility

Current Employee - Principal Engineer in Tewksbury, MA (US)
Current Employee - Principal Engineer in Tewksbury, MA (US)

I have been working at Raytheon full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Varied career paths, engineering, quality, supply chain, operations, finance. Decent on the job training. There is something for everyone, you just need to find it. Benefits are good, but get slightly more expensive every year. Work Life Balance depends on role - as my responsibility & utility to the company has grown, my life balance has eroded.

Cons

Huge company, easy to get lost in the bureaucracy. Company tends to be reactive to employee development vs. proactive. Front line management is not empowered for substantial action, decisions tend to be made 2 levels up.

Advice to Management

Be a leader, not a follower

reviews filtered by
  1. Steady company, merit-based promotions

Current Employee - Principal Engineer in North Andover, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Principal Engineer in North Andover, MA (US)

I have been working at Raytheon full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Solid company that has wisely invested in both foreign and domestic contracts. Merit based promotions seem fair. Decent opportunities. Company will train you if needed. You can easily make a lifetime career with this company.

Cons

Large company that has too many processes/red tape at times for domestic contracts. United Healthcare is a terrible HMO if you have a family. You will get a bill for everything related to your children/pregnancy/prescriptions.

Advice to Management

Allow your Section Managers more time to work with their personnel in regards to careers. SMs are required to spend 3/4 of their time on business contracts and the personnel are often neglected and not grown properly. It is often sink-or-swim on your own.

2. Overall a good company...

Former Employee - Senior Quality Assurance Engineer II in Tucson, AZ (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Quality Assurance Engineer II in Tucson, AZ (US)

I worked at Raytheon full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Top of the line engineering, needs improvement in most other areas, good benefits, relaxed culture, overall a good experience...

Cons

Some internal issues, conflict of interests...

Advice to Management

Grow your younger high potential employees, give them opportunities and reward them...or else, they will leave.

There are newer employer reviews for Raytheon