There are newer employer reviews for Raytheon

great company

Former Employee - Intern  in  North Andover, MA (US)
Former Employee - Intern in North Andover, MA (US)

I worked at Raytheon as an intern for more than a year

Pros

great company, loved it, great people

Cons

big company so some red tape and uselessness

1446 Other Employee Reviews for Raytheon (View Most Recent)

Intern

Former Employee - Graduate Intern  in  Cambridge, MA (US)
    Former Employee - Graduate Intern in Cambridge, MA (US)

I worked at Raytheon as an intern for less than a year

Pros

This is Raytheon BBN Technologies, not exactly Raytheon. I worked as an intern in the Speech, Language & Multimedia Technologies Business Unit. The working environment is good. My group has a discussion each week, talking about progress. People are nice. It's a good experience.

Cons

It's a research based company, mainly focusing on publishing papers. So it might not be suitable for everyone.

Good company with competitive salary

Current Employee - Software Engineer I  in  Saint Petersburg, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer I in Saint Petersburg, FL (US)

I have been working at Raytheon full-time for more than a year

Pros

In general Raytheon is a good company with good benefits. SW teams typically consist of very down to earth, intelligent, hard working individuals. Most of the leads and management are stern but understanding and easy to get a long with. The company has a strong work/life balance ethic and promotes healthy lifestyles and flexible work hours. There are also many different work opportunities available to employees so its not uncommon for employees to bounce around to different business groups and job titles if they choose.

Cons

As with most DODs in this time and age, the money is not stable. Often times, programs and projects will stop on short notice due to funding cuts. Layoffs and staffing reductions are a constant threat. Many employees find themselves being forced to bounce around to new tasks and projects on a month by month or even week by week basis because funding issues. Also be prepared for lots of process and documentation. SW engineers will spend as much time with process and documentation as they will coding (if not more time).

There are newer employer reviews for Raytheon

Worked for Raytheon? Contribute to the Community!