There are newer employer reviews for Raytheon

Raytheon is decent.

Current Employee - Software Engineer I  in  Tucson, AZ (US)
Current Employee - Software Engineer I in Tucson, AZ (US)

I have been working at Raytheon

Pros

There is a lot of room for growth within the company. A lot of the managers here are good at teaching new things and new processes to people with less experience. My coworkers are friendly and there is a really good team atmosphere. The tools used at work are very helpful. Overall, I enjoy working with my team and working under my current department.

Cons

The work atmosphere can be competitive at times in terms of dealing with other people in similar positions. Sometimes you have to work late hours and long days. Overall, sometimes task can become tedious and mundane.

Listen to the employees more.

1447 Other Employee Reviews for Raytheon (View Most Recent)

Struggling to find a consistent identity

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Reston, VA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA (US)

I have been working at Raytheon

Pros

Solid company, diversified within the defense industry. As long as the military and intelligence agencies are funded, Raytheon will do well. Regardless of how they try, Raytheon IIS is STILL and engineering company. salaries for non-management technical jobs are very good. Raytheon IIS is making a concerted effort to recruit executive talent from outside IIS and even outside Raytheon. So, at least they recognize one of the issues.

Cons

management (non-executive) salaries tend to be a bit less than local market competitors. Raytheon IIS is still rooted in E-Systems culture. If you're not part of the good ol' boy E-Systems network, your opportunities to advance into senior management are less than those on the inside. Management is Garland, TX centric. Most organizational decisions are made with Garland, TX benefits in mind. If you work in another location, that attitude can be a challenge. Negative feedback from management is always available, but positive feedback generally only comes when requested or at semi annual reviews.

Pay attention to your middle managers. They are the people who are taking care of your technical resources, and hopefully will be the ones that you reward with promotions to upper management. One doesn't have to live in Garland to be successful.

Raytheon is a good place to work.

Current Employee - Senior Quality Assurance Engineer II
    Current Employee - Senior Quality Assurance Engineer II

I have been working at Raytheon

Pros

What we do directly affects the warfighter. The company has good benefits and has multiple programs to support the employees. There are ample opportunities for continuing education. The OneRTN philosophy has opened up the different divisions to information sharing.
    In addition to company holidays, I get 200 hrs (4 weeks) vacation tiem.

Cons

Women do not get equal treatment, though the company policies strive to support equality in the workplace. Many are directed into positions that tend to "pigeon hole' them in areas with little recognition or potential for advancement.

Hire middle managers who are engineers with management training. Many mid-level managers are engineers-- which is necessary because they have to manage a highly technical workforce-- but their interpersonal and management skills are lacking...

There are newer employer reviews for Raytheon

Worked for Raytheon? Contribute to the Community!