There are newer employer reviews for Razorfish

Razorfish is a good place to work. A bit nerdy. Most of the really talented people end up leaving.

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager  in  San Francisco, CA (US)
Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in San Francisco, CA (US)

I worked at Razorfish

Pros

Smart people, good agency to have on resume and good pay.

Cons

Mediocre performers who play the political game do get promoted.

Fire the employees who play the political games and who don't produce.

364 Other Employee Reviews for Razorfish (View Most Recent)

I'd give it a zero if I could; Worst Company Ever

Former Employee - Senior Technical Architect  in  Austin, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Technical Architect in Austin, TX (US)

I worked at Razorfish

Pros

Benefits, Some pockets of gifted people, Shiny floors

Cons

Lack of relevant goals and objective reviews. No career path.
    Promotions impossible to obtain unless you play politics; regardless of the results you get.
    Blatant unethical use of client dollars. Bill out people as experts in technology when their expertise consists of one training class, bill out people doing no work, or bill out people with titles above their title.
    Incompetent management and senior management that would not be able to function in their roles in any other organization. Razorfish layed off the competent people and kept the incompetent ones. In addition Razorfish is extremely top heavy.
    Negative work life balance; company cares about how it'll make its next dollar and that's it.
    Consistently over promise and under deliver resulting in winning little to no repeat business.
    Designs are not grounded in reality.
    Collaboration is extremely limited.
    Dismissive HR personnel who don't look into issues but rather have a counter argument for everything.
    Travel requirements are not what they were originally sold as when I started at razorfish.
    Employees feel a lack of appreciation for the work they do.
    Off-shoring failures abound in razorfish. Razorfish can't even virtualize its own internal staff between offices let alone staff in a firm off shore.
    Margins are so ridiculously high it puts unnecessary pressure on people to cut corners.
    They add an inordinate amount of bureaucracy to justify the existence of upper management staff in billable roles
    They try to do agile development with 1000 page requirements documents.

Get a clue. Your good people are leaving in droves and wouldn't recommend razorfish to anyone thus impacting the ability to hire quality people.

Pass on the offer!

Current Employee - Human Resources Generalist  in  Seattle, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Human Resources Generalist in Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at Razorfish

Pros

no more that is sad. I thought about it all day long..but no I can't find anything. Maybe Bagel Monday?

Cons

Overall this company has changes significantly in the last year and more so in the last few months. We now lack of strategy and goal. Lack of communication and consideration from immediate management. Not to mention no raises

1-Rethink your organization and suppress managers that don't add value to the organization. 2-Communicate on where we are going and what the changes will be….BE HONEST! 3-Promote from within!

There are newer employer reviews for Razorfish

Worked for Razorfish? Contribute to the Community!