Logistics Manager

I worked at Reed Elsevier Group

Pros

Wonderful company with a close knit community of employees all working towards a similar goal of delivering a product on time. Each member of the staff knew there responsibilities and understood what made the company tick.

Cons

Pace was always quickened due to time sensitive objectives. Working till the job was completed was always something we had to handle.

Advice to Management

Allow employees to set beforehand a working timeframe when starting a workweek. Once this is established it will beenefit the company.

reviews filtered by
  1. Come for the benefits, but beware of shady management styles

Former Employee - Senior Compensation Analyst in Philadelphia, PA (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Compensation Analyst in Philadelphia, PA (US)

I worked at Reed Elsevier Group

Pros

Technology is always up to date. Great benefits.

Cons

Too much politics. You have a lot of upper management that are international or have just recently moved to the U.S. and they carry a lot of the "in your face" European management style that may come off as rude.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. It's one thing to have open dialog with your direct team but people under them need to know you exist.

2. The greatest publisher in the world-content wise, but a difficult place in which to succeed.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

I have been working at Reed Elsevier Group

Pros

The largest publisher in the world, delivering critical material to science professionals that ultimately helps in discoveries to improve life and living everywhere.

Cons

This applies to the books group only: Heavily matrixed organization, difficult to learn one's way. Systems need work. Change is constant. Sr exec sometimes insults/berates employees publicly and allows an environment for other employees to follow suit.

Advice to Management

Senior mgmt (books) needs to show more maturity in group meetings and people management.