Regions Financial
www.regions.com Birmingham, AL 5000+ Employees

Steady career with great benefits, however advancement opportunities are few.

Branch Team Leader (Current Employee)
Jackson, TN (US)

I have been working at Regions Financial full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat benefits for all aspects of employee's financial life. Time off is great with 11 vacation days, 10 holidays, and 12 sick days/ year starting out. Regions is very good about arranging a transfer if you need to move so they can retain your experience and training. Advanced technology makes working more efficient than working with a Community Bank.

ConsPath for advancement is very unclear. The branch you work at and the opportunities (amount of customer traffic) make all the difference in how much money you will make and how long it will take to get promoted.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop setting unrealistic "stretch" goals that dishearten employees. Pay tellers more to reduce employee churn and create a more stable customer service environment. for customers. Increase bonuses for all employees when branch goals are met rather than just paying managers huge bonuses and hardly anything else to the rest of the staff who is otherwise very uncaring if goals are met since they receive very little compensation.

Use as Last Choice

I have been working at Regions Financial full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Bonuses if your goal is met; benefits Cons: Sends you up to 50 miles away from normal branch location to relieve others for lunch and travel way back to your own branch location… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Waste of Time.

Teller (Former Employee)
Baton Rouge, LA (US)

I worked at Regions Financial full-time for more than a year

Pros: Get to leave at 4 pm. Bank Holidays. Inside… Cons: No career advancement options. Complete disregard for you as… Advice to Senior Management: You are missing out on talent. Tellers would work harder… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Regions Financial.

Worked for Regions Financial? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Regions Financial reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Regions Financial CEO O. B. Grayson Hall Jr.. All reviews posted anonymously by Regions Financial employees.