Best Place I have worked so far

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Bruno, CA (US)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Bruno, CA (US)

I have been working at Responsys

Pros

In my role I am given the respect and trust to do my Job well. I am provided the flexibility to manage my own responsibilities at work and at home. Management and team members are consistent about always providing praise for a job well done and that makes you feel good when you are working hard. I have a good book of clients that lean on my for support in completing their goals. The job has been very rewarding in almost all areas. I have to say this has been the best place I have worked in my career and have referred several colleagues to Responsys since my inception. If you are looking to join a growing company thats is at the top of their Game Responsys is a great place to be.

Cons

Not enough desk space.
Lacking some process for internal functions.
Not clear on promotion levels.

Advice to Management

Keep it coming.

reviews filtered by
  1. Great company with great people and opportunities

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at Responsys

Pros

Very relaxed and friendly work environment
    Competitive pay
    Management involvement in day-to-day operations
    Good communication from management on performance and career path
    Great work/life balance
    Co-workers are the best in the industry and highly intelligent
    Extremely competent senior management
    Defined vision within the marketplace for the company
    Great locations with ability to transfer

Cons

Fast growth can create workload issues
    Evolution from private to public company has added process
    Performance review process should be updated and standardized

Advice to Management

Continue to be a world-class leadership team and make sure to reward top performers as you do today. The company has so much potential and there are so many invested in the overall success. Keep Responsys a fun and rewarding place to work, and the employees will continue to deliver.

Great place to work if you are looking for a ladder into the industry, it ends there though.

I worked at Responsys

Pros

- Great benefits
    - The culture is fun and exciting. The job is relaxed (most of the time) and the people there don't make you feel worthless.
    - Growing company with "room" for growth (so they say).
    - Its easy to get a work from home day or time off request filled, they understand your needs.
    - They are very good at discussing the performance of the company to their employees, including financials.
    - Excellent in knowledge transfers, nobody withholds information from others.

Cons

- Compensation is low
    - Too disorganized within senior management that reviews are late and/or feedback for improvement is non-existent.
    - People are allowed to get away with too much at times, which means work ends up of falling onto the star performers.
    - Long hours which makes it hard to take time off.
    - Management is filled with false promises.
    - Titles seem worthless at times since a lower title doesn't mean less work/responsibility.

Advice to Management

Make sure you reward those who out perform. Figure out a better way to review your employees, the existing process isn't working. Don't be afraid to get rid of the under performing employees, they are hindering your success as a service company. Invest more into your employees, they are overworked and generally under paid.