There are newer employer reviews for RetailMeNot

Great work, great friends, great place.

Current Employee - Mobile Manager in Austin, TX (US)
Current Employee - Mobile Manager in Austin, TX (US)

I have been working at RetailMeNot full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It is hard to pick where to begin with a company like Whaleshark.

Whaleshark has a wide-open information policy, a relatable and interested executive team, great perks, better rewards, and highly intelligent/motivated employees (most of which have made several close friends within the company).

From a more social perspective, the office itself is bright and fun, the people are focused on their work but never above a good laugh, company parties and activities are always a blast, and the frequently catered breakfast/lunches and fully stocked kitchen is pretty cool.

I would reccommend Whaleshark to anyone I know.

Cons

With so many fun people nearby, a plethora of movie and video game toys/posters on desks and walls, and so much good food in the kitchen, sometimes it can be hard to stay at your desk and work all day.

But hey, that's a pretty good problem to have, right? Luckily I believe in the work I do for Whaleshark and working hard to show that is something I take pride in.

Keep doing what you're doing. The recent focus on goal setting, increased department transparency, etc. etc. are really going to help continue to strengthen this company.

35 Other Employee Reviews for RetailMeNot (View Most Recent)

Energetic, fast-paced and fun work environment surrounded by smart, hard-working co-workers and leaders.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

I have been working at RetailMeNot full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The environment: Open and fast-paced where everyone can have an impact the business
    The people: It's all about cross-functional teamwork!
    The learnings: Transparent knowledge share across teams and from outside speakers
    The recognition: Awards (huge), incentives, treats, surprises and we can't forget...free lunches!

Cons

Time flies when you're working hard and having fun. Not sure how the days go by so fast!

Great people and great place to work.

Current Employee - UI Engineer in Austin, TX (US)
    Current Employee - UI Engineer in Austin, TX (US)

I have been working at RetailMeNot full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The organisation is very organized and people are very talented and nice at the same time. They provide lot of perks but I believe most startup companies provide that to attract talent. I love to go to work because I don't feel like I am going to work; it feels like I am going for a venture. Financial situation of company is being shared with everyone which gives a feeling of everyone owes ownership. I will recommend any of my friend and other talent people outside my circle to become part of this company. Did I forget to mention about PTO policy? Yes, they have open PTO policy which is pretty cool.

Cons

I agree with previous review saying that this company requires a lot to be part of it. It can demand for extra hours but in return they treat you very well.

There are newer employer reviews for RetailMeNot