Richmond American Homes

www.richmondamerican.com
Unclaimed Profile
Add Review

Good Place to Learn Marketing and Home

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO (US)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO (US)

I have been working at Richmond American Homes full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of training on product knowledge, industry, competitors, etc. Lots of opportunity to grow, decent benefits program

Cons

Corporate red tape and decision by committee bogs things down, highly corporate atmosphere (not a positive for those who are in a creative role), marketing department eventually became more of a production sweatshop

Advice to Management

Allow creative people to be creative and surprise you with innovative ideas rather clinging to old, outdated Marketing ideas or brand guidelines. Allowing for some flex time or telecommuting for jobs that can permit it would also help.

reviews filtered by
  1. Looks Promising....

Current Employee - Purchasing Analyst in Irvine, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Purchasing Analyst in Irvine, CA (US)

I have been working at Richmond American Homes full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It looks like a job where there is opportunity. I look forward working here.

Cons

The benefits are good...The salaries is ok...This is cyclical business...When its up, you got job security, when its down, you get nervous (and you should be).

2. This ought to be your last choice - or you don't have any other offers. Toxic environment.

I worked at Richmond American Homes full-time

Pros

There are a couple of people who seem interested in developing other people's careers within the company. If you are a good company soldier and are willing to relocate and work as many hours as they need whenever it suits the company, its a great place!!!

Cons

Politics are rampant. Backbiting and clawing are the norm and information is guarded and used especially by middle mgmt. Some of the people are so miserable here, they just bring everyone down (and it is tolerated by senior management). People are let go on a whim - no loyalty here at all. Turnover is outrageous - and the most talented people seem to leave very quickly.

Advice to Management

Treat all employees with respect. You may have been able to violate and discard people like trash in the past, but as the job market improves, the word that your culture is terrible is out there. Also, examine the benefits package - it is terrible.