cashier

Former Employee - Over Night Cashier in Wildwood, NJ (US)
Former Employee - Over Night Cashier in Wildwood, NJ (US)

I worked at Rite Aid (Less than a year)

Pros

the discount was ok and the pay was above minimum wages

Cons

the store manager mainly only cared about the mother workers there and not much about the r employees that did not have children. Also too many clicks among the manger.

reviews filtered by

Very Political, District Managers think they are the Supreme Being.

Former Employee - Store Manager in Bowie, MD (US)
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Bowie, MD (US)

I worked at Rite Aid full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good group of employees under me at each of the 5 stores I was assigned to, with a few exceptions.

Cons

They will fire you quickly.

Advice to Management

There is talk of Rite Aid being good to the employees, but it is just talk. In reality you demand more and more for the same or less pay and give less time to do it. Districts think it is possible just because someone thought it is a good idea and a good way to save money. Result is unsatisfied employees who are always behind and being pushed to do more. When it's time for the blame game, its always the managers, so they try to push that onto others and the blame game begins. Whole stores get fired at times as a result. Very unpleasant place to work. Very cheap towards employees and benefits.

2. Generally disconnected management and poor support for fixing store issues.

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Rite Aid full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The stores have a large amount of freedom, at least in the district I currently work, the pay is fairly decent for managers, and it requires very little experience

Cons

The pay for non-manager store workers, including assistants and shits is abysmal, I would not work in right aid in a non-management position,

Advice to Management

Provide more opportunities to move up for management, and store workers, as well as a possible pipeline to move to cooperate for highly experienced workers with degrees.