Robert Walters

There are newer employer reviews for Robert Walters

Good company

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England
Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good career opportunities and advancement

Cons

None at the moment that I can think of

75 Other Employee Reviews for Robert Walters (View Most Recent)

Fun environment, Competitive culture

Former Employee - Intern in Singapore (Singapore)
    Former Employee - Intern in Singapore (Singapore)

I worked at Robert Walters as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Fun Environment
    Competitive Culture
    Meritocratic

I was an intern at robert walters singapore. Through my observations and interactions, the company had a rather fun-loving employees. They were largely young and full of energy who had a penchant for reaching targets. I know for a fact that the money can be really attractive in this company. Bonuses are generous, albeit not fully transparent. If you have the will to succeed and is extremely client oriented, you can potentially be one of the largest billers in the office.

Cons

Competitive Culture
    Meritocratic

The above being said, the fact remains that RW is a largely competitive, quota driven, hit or you're out company. During my short stint of 2 months there, I witnessed a handful of people leaving the company. Convert that to percentage, I reckon it would be in the range of 5-10%.

Once, there was a fresh consultant whom i got to know at the start of the week, and by the following week he was gone. Poof, just like that. And the response to why was it so, it was merely a very matter of fact response - "he couldn't perform".

I guess people disappearing might hurt the morale of the company somewhat. But then again, it is the nature of this industry.

NA

Good company but was mismanaged at the time

Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Singapore (Singapore)
    Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Singapore (Singapore)

I worked at Robert Walters full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Very international, vibrant, worked with colleagues and clients, candidates from all over the world. Fun loving culture and the company provided Friday fresh fruits, weekly or monthly parties / recreational activities. High quality employees, smart people in the company. Very driven culture with regular all-staff meeting conducted to charge everyone up with go-getter energy

Cons

too KPI focused. Almost rigid about the number of phone calls made, meetings made. It sometimes made employees go for these metrics than going for final deals, which means people waste lots of productive time, just to get the stress off their mind. At the mid of 2012, many people resigned and the company suffered from low morale. Everyone felt they could be kicked out any point of time and the company did not treasure any individual. Another problem is their discretionary bonus which had no transparency. Consultants complain about that a lot.

Believe the management has changed since 2012. Heard things are better now however the KPI driven nature is in its genes. It is important to make sure the culture is intact and people are happy

There are newer employer reviews for Robert Walters