Ryan, LLC

www.ryan.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Ryan, LLC

Fantastic work enviornment and compensation structure.

Current Employee - Consultant in Washington, DC (US)
Current Employee - Consultant in Washington, DC (US)

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Company that gives employees ample flexibility and autonomy.
A decent percentage of compensation based on performance.
Very good benefits package for employees.

Cons

If you are stuck on a behind team as a Consultant, your compensation won't be great.

Consider contibuting to Graduate School tuition.

229 Other Employee Reviews for Ryan, LLC (View Most Recent)

Great company!

Current Employee - Sales and Use Consultant
    Current Employee - Sales and Use Consultant

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Ryan is a great place to work! I have a great manager and the work hours are incredibly flexible with the MyRyan program. I can come in and out whenever I like, just as long as I get my work done. I can also work from home whenever I want. It's great!

Cons

The salary is a little low compared to competitors. You have the potential to make large bonuses, however, it takes a long time to get one in my department. I've been here over a year and have not received a bonus yet.

Horrible work environment - Got out after 2 years

Former Employee - Tax Consultant in Detroit, MI (US)
    Former Employee - Tax Consultant in Detroit, MI (US)

I worked at Ryan, LLC full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great bonus structure but no controls or ways to ensure that discrimination doesn't occur

Cons

Bonus structure based on management discretion so bonus can be allocated to favorites even if the other employees didn't charge any time to the project. Part of the annual review is based on the bonuses that managers decide to allocate.

HR very slow to respond to serious issues and complaints ignored even when proof of managment/employee relationships that affect projects and partiality.

Expect to go to Dallas for annual meetings where Brint will brag about his million dollar house then turn around and request that all employees donate to his PAC directly out of their paychecks

Be prepared to attach yourself to a senior manager and hope that they are the favorite of the principal. Principals assign work to favorites and not necessarily the person that needs work or that even brought the project in.

Make sure you document your work as you can expect managers and above to take credit for your work without any recognization

Managers should be up front about the bonus allocations and ensure that only the employees that worked on the projects should receive a bonus. Additionally, the firm should stick by their policy on relationships and prevent people in relationships or family from reporting directly to each other.

HR should properly address concerns of employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Ryan, LLC