There are newer employer reviews for Ryan, LLC

I have had numerous opportunities for advancement and enjoy the work that I do at Ryan.

Current Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great advancement opportunities
myRyan offers flexibility
Brint Ryan is a great innovator and visionary

Cons

Although Ryan offers great advancement opportunities, salaries remain lower than what the market is paying in most cases.

Pay employees more competitive salaries comparable to the market for lifelong employment.

208 Other Employee Reviews for Ryan, LLC (View Most Recent)

Not your average "tax" career

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Most people view tax compliance as boring and tedious, but Ryan makes the tax environment much more interesting. Learning about each client will teach you a little bit about many different industries. Each client and state also brings up different issues, which causes you to research specific case by case issues - rather than doing the same thing every day. The flexible work environment is great.

Cons

There are some deadlines that cause you to work long hours. Since everything is results driven, you are encouraged by managers to work long hours into the evenings, on occasion.

Encourage team leaders and managers to allow their team members to use the myRyan work environment more freely. Many team members feel guilty about working less than 9-10 hour days.

I consider myself extremely blessed to have had the opportunity to work at Ryan for the past 8 years.

Current Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The best decision Ryan ever made was to implement the "myRyan" work structure. Managers and employees have the flexibility to work without physically being in the office provided it does not impede client service. This environment allows for a much better work/life balance. Our bonus system also incentivizes teams to flight for our clients because a portion of employee compensation is directly tied to the refunds/fees we generate.

Cons

While out bonus structure is one of our greatest strengths, it can also sometimes be a source of friction between teams. Many employees have left our firm over the years because they are working just as hard as other successful teams, but their projects are just not generating the expected fees.

I think all employees would like the opportunity to purchase stock in the company or earmark a certain percentage of monthly pay that would go towards equity investment. This is something that was discussed in at our Firm meeting in March 2012. I believe our management team is still looking into it.

There are newer employer reviews for Ryan, LLC