There are newer employer reviews for Ryder System

Competitive wages, sink or swim work culture relying on one large account.

Former Employee - Customer Logistics Supervisor in Lansing, MI (US)
Former Employee - Customer Logistics Supervisor in Lansing, MI (US)

I worked at Ryder System full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Base salary was competitive with good benefits and perk options. Daily work schedule was routine but not boring and repetitious. Advanced training was avaliableand encouraged.

Cons

On-site human resources was a bit unorganized. Customer is not always right, routinely employees and mid-management had to jump through hoops to remove any responseability of recieved damaged goods. Exceeding expectations wasn't acknowledged enough yet certain bonuses were determined by company production.

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach when pertaining to your own ideas being shot down. Make more of a presence to the hourly employees.

reviews filtered by
  1. Ryder

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Miami, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Miami, FL (US)

I have been working at Ryder System full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great place to work for; I have been well rewarded over my career; have had access to senior management who listen, are innovative and always put the customer first. Sales and operations in the field work as a team and know how to leverage corporate resources. Recruits diverse talent.

Cons

Be prepared to work hard; can be long hours in some positions but well worth the reward at the end.

Advice to Management

Continue growing the company

2. Overworked. Understaffed.

I have been working at Ryder System full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Pays not to bad. It's a job

Cons

Insurance cost keep rising. But I think this goes for all companies. Small raises, if any at all. To much bs, and not enough customer focus. Lack of manpower to meet companies demands. To many upper management personnel.

Advice to Management

Cut some upper management positions and focus more on hiring/training/ retaining techs to retain and add to our existing customer count

There are newer employer reviews for Ryder System