S&P Capital IQ
www.capitaliq.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

A good company to work for at one time but management has changed it for the worse

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
New York, NY (US)

I worked at S&P Capital IQ full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGreat entry level work, resume builder, benefits, telecommuting.

ConsThe company is too political, and to get ahead, you must kiss up to your manager and/or management. Lou Eccleston and his Thomson cronies have not brought any value or market driven products to the marketplace. As a result, he has taken the easy route by making a name for himself by reorganizing and most importantly, cutting costs. Reducing staff, salaries, & compensation is the standard which has made for a very unhappy, insecure workforce that is fearful of losing their jobs.

Advice to Senior ManagementMcGraw Hill needs to change management and create a culture that values and rewards it's employees from the bottom up. The company needs to make a real investment in market research in order to better understand the needs and wants of customers in order to bring real, market driven products instead of forcing unwanted products to customers.

Satisfactory

I have been working at S&P Capital IQ full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Good working environment, supporting managers Cons: No cons of working in this company Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Sales

I have been working at S&P Capital IQ full-time

Pros: Good work/life balance. Pays well enough. Cons: Lou Eccleston, CEO, and Bob Coppola, CTO, in particular, are clueless to what really is going on within the company, and proven by their actions… Advice to Senior Management: Stop hiring current or former Thomson employees. That company is a mess and we… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on S&P Capital IQ.

Worked for S&P Capital IQ? Contribute to the Community!

S&P Capital IQ – Why Work for Us?

About S&P Capital IQ S&P Capital IQ is the powerful new combination of offerings previously provided by Capital IQ, elements of S&P including Global Credit Portal and MarketScope Advisor, enterprise solutions such as… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at S&P Capital IQ reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for S&P Capital IQ CEO Lou Eccleston. All reviews posted anonymously by S&P Capital IQ employees.