An evolving story ...

Former Employee - Director in New York, NY (US)
Former Employee - Director in New York, NY (US)

I worked at S&P Capital IQ full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Business leadership has been good at articulating strategy in the last few years. Urgency is there.

Cons

There has been a fair amount of re-organizations due to leadership changes within the last 5+ years. Also, unless you are part of a key priority, you could be left behind. There has been a relatively high level of voluntary attrition to staff in the last year or so.

Advice to Management

Focus on ensuring there is a balanced scorecard on the key management team across all areas of the firm especially in areas where there is a greater than normal level of staff attrition.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Technology division: Excellent culture, work-life balance and learning

Current Employee - Developer/BA/QA/Database Administrator in Hyderābād (India)
    Current Employee - Developer/BA/QA/Database Administrator in Hyderābād (India)

I have been working at S&P Capital IQ full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Technology team in Hyderabad division works on critical applications of the company, provides excellent growth for the smart and hard working candidates, and has a great work culture. More than 80% of the employees has come out of college over the years and retained by the company, it won't happen with out proper work life balance, work satisfaction. I'm one of them joined here more than 6 years ago from campus.
    Uses latest technology in market.
    Have more recent and exciting technologies and careers in Software industry for future like Data science and the company's culture allows you to move around teams/technologies as long as you've necessary technical and analytical skills.
    Developed many in house and great technologies, like web crawling, SOLR, Vertica.

Cons

You'll see colleagues from reputed colleges in India, like IITs and IIITs, NITs. People usually get a bit confused about the popularity of the company, because this company not as famous as amazon, microsoft in India, but its parent company is Standard and Poors, MC Grawhills and quite a famous, good corporate company in United states. So you can carry the brand in future if you will work in US and you'll really get all the benefits of corporate company and product based software company culture here.
    If you're the person who want to seek onsite opportunities, there are no long term onsite opportunities as of today, 2013 March. You will get chance to work for few months like less than 6 in head quarters, New York, Wall street.

Advice to Management

Keep cranking.

2. Its really good experience for fresh joiners

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Hyderābād (India)
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Hyderābād (India)

I worked at S&P Capital IQ full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Capital IQ has been a great place to work and I have learnt loads and loads of technical stuff here. I can’t forget those days which I spent here where I learnt skills and had a lot of fun as well.

Initial training is given before getting into teams which is very essential and good to have.

Cons

learning curve start to flatten by time, flat hierarchy they say but little politics involved, hard to change between teams that have varied work