An evolving story ...

Former Employee - Director in New York, NY (US)
Former Employee - Director in New York, NY (US)

I worked at S&P Capital IQ full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Business leadership has been good at articulating strategy in the last few years. Urgency is there.

Cons

There has been a fair amount of re-organizations due to leadership changes within the last 5+ years. Also, unless you are part of a key priority, you could be left behind. There has been a relatively high level of voluntary attrition to staff in the last year or so.

Advice to Management

Focus on ensuring there is a balanced scorecard on the key management team across all areas of the firm especially in areas where there is a greater than normal level of staff attrition.

reviews filtered by
  1. Its really good experience for fresh joiners

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Hyderābād (India)
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Hyderābād (India)

I worked at S&P Capital IQ full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Capital IQ has been a great place to work and I have learnt loads and loads of technical stuff here. I can’t forget those days which I spent here where I learnt skills and had a lot of fun as well.

Initial training is given before getting into teams which is very essential and good to have.

Cons

learning curve start to flatten by time, flat hierarchy they say but little politics involved, hard to change between teams that have varied work

Again, mismanaged and heading off a cliff

Former Employee - General Expert On Everything At the Company in New York, NY (US)

I worked at S&P Capital IQ full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

None, over the past 1 1/2 years

Cons

Paranoid culture, cost cutting with ill reward, talented employees leaving, lack of product innovation

Advice to Management

You are likely in the wrong business and are set up for failure. CEO is a glorified talk-show host.