SAIC

www.saic.com

Flexible workplace, salary not so good for younger workers

Java Developer (Current Employee) Alexandria, VA (US)

ProsVery flexible work place (this is really up to my division - not the company as a whole).
Good benefits.

ConsPoor salaries for newer / younger employees. Times were much better in the years before the company went public, and the raises the older workers got were MUCH higher. Therefore, there is now a de-facto two-tier pay system - one for those there before the company went public, and one for those who began their career afterwards. The older employers make a good 30% premium all other things remaining equal.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart working on removing some of the dead weight in middle management and the large amount of poor performers who've been feeding at the trough since 911 bonanza began ten years ago. Many of these workers do not carry their weight, and are becoming a burden on those that perform.

SAIC (and all the other big miliatary / government contractors) are going to run into trouble as the technical talent moves to smaller / younger companies where they're not required to subsidize the large salaries and expensive health bennies of the older workers.

Very supportive of employees

Analyst (Current Employee) Fort Gordon, GA (US)

I have been working at SAIC

Pros: Sense that management cares about the employee, not just the bottom line. They are also… Cons: Communication lapses. Sometimes there seems to be a delay or… Advice to Senior Management: Optimize communication between the contract and company side of the leadership team to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

A decent defense contractor.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Arlington, VA (US)

I worked at SAIC

Pros: Entrepreneurial structure of the company makes a very large company feel like… Cons: The benefits were only average Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on SAIC.

Worked for SAIC? Contribute to the Community!