SAIC

www.saic.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for SAIC

Great

Current Employee - Project Manager in Tampa, FL (US)
Current Employee - Project Manager in Tampa, FL (US)

I have been working at SAIC full-time (more than a year)

Pros

salary, potential for upward mobility

Cons

Intense work schedule during high visibility projects. Contracts expire, must stay flexible and aware of your own career path

retain solid talent, even if it means some overhead expense. Trustworthy employees are invaluable

1215 Other Employee Reviews for SAIC (View Most Recent)

Not a bad company to work for

I worked at SAIC full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The company does try to boost morale and take care of its employees. The leadership would often buy food to bring in to their employees. There were company get-togethers and happy hours to allow employees spread across many offices to meet and mingle with their co-workers. The compensation package was fair and they really tried to work with employees when they needed extra time off, or had a family emergency.

Cons

After completing the hiring process my recruiter asked me for a good start date. I asked for two weeks as I needed to put my notice in at my previous employer. She said that would be perfect. Unfortunately, after my two weeks were up the company still did not have a start date for me. Six weeks after I left my previous employer I went to a job fair and spoke to a hiring manager regarding the fact that if I didn't get a start date soon I would have to find other employment. He didn't seem to even know my name, despite being the hiring manager for my position and the point of contact that the recruiter had given me. It took another four weeks before I finally started. I had expected delays, but there was little communication to let me know what was going on. I would like to believe that this was a fluke, but I have spoken to others who had the same problem.

Great company that takes care of its people

Current Employee - Network Engineer in San Diego, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Network Engineer in San Diego, CA (US)

I have been working at SAIC full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- Company has a strong network of people with technical skills & people that genuinely care about doing right and performing well.
    - Salary / Benefits are comparable to others in the industry
    - From my own experience, managers trust the employees to perform their jobs; I have been afforded the opportunity on several occasions to find ways to improve my assignments / tasks to make the customer happy & to make our system work more effectively.
    - From my personal experience, I get to travel quite frequently
    - Although contracting is not very secure, I have seen the company take care of its employees even after a contract on which they were working either expired or failed to be renewed. This develops a trust between the employee & the company.

Cons

- Since I started working just over 3 years ago, we have had 3 different CEOs, and are now discussing a company split (although this may actually be a Pro in the long-term); Unsure how to feel about upper management.
    - Like with any contracting job, job security is not as strong as on the government / private sector
    - Does not seem like there is much room for upward mobility; from personal experience, if you work harder and outperform, you will be rewarded no more & no less than those that do just enough to get by (this is how I have seen it under my new manager --the old one was a little more fair / aware enough to reward those that went above & beyond). This just makes the employees either lose motivation, or simply start looking elsewhere where their hard work will be more appreciated

Keep stressing the importance of Ethics --it keeps people aware, accountable, and develops trust between coworkers and the company; Be more open about future of contracts, find more ways to reward those that you know are valuable to the company.

There are newer employer reviews for SAIC