SAS Institute

www.sas.com

Best place to work, ever

Software Engineer IV (Current Employee) Cary, NC (US)

ProsSmart people; laid-back, academic atmosphere. Lots of great perks like a full gym, olympic pool, health and fitness programs, inexpensive great food in the cafeterias, m&m's (and lots of other free food) in the break rooms. Individual offices - cubes are only used for interns and in space emergencies (which are rare).

ConsThere is somewhat of an entitlement attitude among many employees which makes it frustrating if you're actually trying to get work done. There are a lot of political games at the division head level that are annoying to those in the trenches.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't be afraid to manage out poor performers. I have seen many people hang on for years or even decades that we'd be better off without.

Really great experience as an intern

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at SAS Institute

Pros: I got to work on a small team developing a new product, so I… Cons: I only had one project to do, and didn't really have… Advice to Senior Management: Certain teams are worked significantly harder than others because of… More

SAS in spain is quiet diferente form SAS HQ

Business Unit Manager (Former Employee) Barcelona (Spain)

I worked at SAS Institute full-time

Pros: A good place to learn. Perfect business model. Cons: Career development is slow, senior level never leave. Advice to Senior Management: Give moré opportunities to young profesionals. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on SAS Institute.

Worked for SAS Institute? Contribute to the Community!