SSE
www.sse.com Perth, United Kingdom 5000+ Employees

Great place to work, supportive and considerate team, good work life balance

Senior Finance Professional (Current Employee)

I have been working at SSE full-time for more than 3 years

ProsCompany is in a stable and recession proof economic sector. Some of the pros are loyalty to staff, supportive and considerate teams, good work life balance, flat management structure. Intra company moves is encouraged. Job off shoring and outsourcing is discouraged.

ConsBecause of the largely flat management structure, advancement within teams are almost nill. You need to switch job to progress. I guess this is similar to what you'll find in similar sized companies. There is also an element of bureaucracy that you'll find in similar sized companies.

Advice to Senior ManagementReduce some of the bureaucracy and make innovation processes work.

A nice friendly company to work for. Managers are easy going and kind. There is a culture of respect.

I have been working at SSE

Pros: family environment good hours flat management structure Cons: low salary difficult to progress people stay on the same job for… Advice to Senior Management: should invest more on people increase salaries support training - not just… More

One of the best jobs I've had

Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee)
Perth, Scotland

I worked at SSE full-time for less than a year

Pros: Traning, your team, friendly managers, great pay, easy hours. Cons: get changed departments and teams quite a bit More

There are newer reviews on SSE.

Worked for SSE? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SSE reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for SSE CEO Alistair Phillips-Davies. All reviews posted anonymously by SSE employees.