There are newer employer reviews for STMicroelectronics

Good experience for start your career

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ (US)
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I worked at STMicroelectronics

Pros

Very international and if your position allow it lots of interaction with management from different Business units. Lots of advantages out of the work and great work-life balance.

Cons

Compensation plan very bad in France and career progression very slow. Bounuses are very small or inexistent at lower levels.

Advice to Management

Management promotion is very much based on seniority and age rather than in meritocracy. There should be a program for young talent to promote young management.

reviews filtered by
  1. Nice international community of colleagues . Top management 's failure to take leadership after Pistorio's departure

I have been working at STMicroelectronics

Pros

Friendly international community of colleagues,usually ready to help each others. World class company with a lot of resources, financial, IP, methods ,experience

Cons

Poor management of HR, too much cronyism, no link performance reward, slow decision making. The lack of professional mobility may discourage young engineers

Advice to Management

Bring professional HR on board, support people and MAKE DECISION do not wait for the boat to be rocked by bad weather.

2. work in Sales & Mktg is always challenging and pushes you to raise the performance bar again and again

Current Employee - Manager Sales & Business Development
    Current Employee - Manager Sales & Business Development

I have been working at STMicroelectronics

Pros

Very sound work culture, very employee friendly environment. The ST brand has made its presence felt across the globe, so naturally one feels delighted to be associated with this company.

Cons

designations may sound inferior Vs the amount of actual responsibilities given to an employee

Advice to Management

promote HR driven leadership selection programmes across all divisions, include more and more young employees in leadership roles.