STMicroelectronics
www.st.com Geneva, Switzerland 5000+ Employees

Very talented workforce, direction not always clear

Staff Engineer (Former Employee)
San Jose, CA (US)

I worked at STMicroelectronics full-time for more than 5 years

ProsIndividual contributors are very skilled and motivated. The company usually allows for a good degree of freedom in how we execute our work and are responsible for our results.
In general there is more attention to the people than in other, pure american, companies

ConsManagement sometimes loses focus and top directives are not clear or not always coherent. It requires a lot of self-direction and self-motivation. Salary range is not always in line with local competitors (Arizona / Colorado / California)

Advice to Senior ManagementMake decisions and stick to them, unless they're proven wrong.

New things to learn

Digital Design Engineer (Current Employee)
Bangalore (India)

I have been working at STMicroelectronics full-time for more than a year

Pros: Lot of new technology to learn Cons: No proper road map fro the products Advice to Senior Management: Value the engineers No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good work culture, cool life..

Senior Design Engineer (Current Employee)
Greater Noida (India)

I have been working at STMicroelectronics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Work life is cool, not hectic. Cons: Number of employees are more, avg age of employee is… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on STMicroelectronics.

Worked for STMicroelectronics? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at STMicroelectronics reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for STMicroelectronics CEO Carlo Bozotti. All reviews posted anonymously by STMicroelectronics employees.