STMicroelectronics
www.st.com Geneva, Switzerland 5000+ Employees

Good Company in Europe but perhaps not the right place to work in the US

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Santa Clara, CA (US)

I have been working at STMicroelectronics full-time for more than a year

ProsPeople are easy going and not much work pressure , typical European culture.

ConsLot of French and Italian politics around you and you would invariably be a victim of their favoritism .US centers are considered as an overhead and never given their due importance . Management locally is sluggish and spineless with no say in company's decisions . Overall not the best place to work if you want to have a bright career . Just about ok if you want to hang in there with an attitude of old time government employee .

Advice to Senior ManagementI don't think Management needs an advice as they anyways have nothing in their hands , the best they do is hire people locally . All the decisions are taken from Europe .

Technical

Equipment Technician (Current Employee)
Muar (Malaysia)

I have been working at STMicroelectronics full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: More experience learning on many type of machine Cons: Leak on working time.please review.. Advice to Senior Management: Keep it up! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Very talented workforce, direction not always clear

Staff Engineer (Former Employee)
San Jose, CA (US)

I worked at STMicroelectronics full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Individual contributors are very skilled and motivated. The company usually allows for a good degree of freedom in how we execute… Cons: Management sometimes loses focus and top directives are not clear or not always coherent. It requires a lot… Advice to Senior Management: Make decisions and stick to them, unless they're proven wrong. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on STMicroelectronics.

Worked for STMicroelectronics? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at STMicroelectronics reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for STMicroelectronics CEO Carlo Bozotti. All reviews posted anonymously by STMicroelectronics employees.