There are newer employer reviews for STV

Transportation Engineer

Former Employee - Transportation Engineer in New York, NY (US)
Former Employee - Transportation Engineer in New York, NY (US)

I worked at STV full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

high-profile project, people are friendly, laid-back; good platform for mentoring and education

Cons

not quite connected between each office

62 Other Employee Reviews for STV (View Most Recent)

This is great place to begin your career, with lots of room for advancement until you hit the cap"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD (US)

I worked at STV full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Managers who value their team, diverse and high profile projects to work on, ESOP and 401K and benefits. For recent college graduates, this is a great place.

Cons

When corporate STV swooped in from Douglassville and New York they ruined the office culture. Managers were more concerned with their budgets than the work or staff as that was the priority set from the very top. Projects were promised to clients with unreasonable deadlines and forced staff to deliver projects that were incomplete and unreviewed. Instead of allowing department heads with a proven track record of success manage their departments, corporate tied their hands.

By trying to create a corporate culture you have destroyed the best part of your company. STV Baltimore was once a great place to work and had managers that created a true team environment.

Very satisfied!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA (US)

I have been working at STV full-time (less than an year)

Pros

STV has great benefits. It’s an employee owned company which means we don’t answer to shareholders and, as employees, we are invested in our own success.
    Being a younger employee on the earlier side of my career, it means a lot to me that my managers listen to my input and actively make changes according to my suggestions.

Cons

I don’t personally feel this way, but I know that some of the other offices outside of headquarters sometimes feel disconnected.

Work to make all the offices feel connected and as important as headquarters.

There are newer employer reviews for STV