SYKES
www.sykes.com Tampa, FL 5000+ Employees

The worst of the worst.... I pray, every day, to get away!

Customer Service (Current Employee)
Saint Louis, MO (US)

I have been working at SYKES part-time for more than a year

ProsWith the price of gas, it saves... a little.

ConsWhere do I start? The salary SUCKS. They have the money to pay more, but don't. They make sure that you are listed as "part-time" so benefits are zero. They that every day & time is "mandatory", especially holidays, so that they do not have to give holiday pay. They made sure to read the labor law o they can skate around every benefit, and anything that would benefit the employee.

They care NOTHING about the employee. They demand that you work overtime under threat of repercussions, reprimands, etc. they want you to work when they want, how long they want, and then have the nerve to HINT to you that you cant check your work email, you schedule while you are on the clock. They can't tell you not to because that would be in violation of federal law, making you work off the clock, but with threats, innuendos and other bullying tactics that is what they do.

They expect employees to do everything for the customer and give us, the employee nothing in return. I found out that a different contractor that has an account with the same as sykes, is paying their employees a higher incentive to do THE EXACT SAME WORK!

They set everything up so that you have no out. If you want time off & try to give it to them well in advance, the system will not accept it. If you wait until the system accepts it, too bad, can't get it.

They briefly mentioned PTO, and benefits, and have said nothing about it since. If you ask, you get ignored. I guess they regretted it, changed their mind and hope that everybody develops amnesia.

Their software is a joke and they take every opportunity to try to say it is the employees issue, so they don't have to pay you while they fix their problems.

If you DARE voice your opinion, you are labeled a troublemaker and targeted, nit-picked and harassed.

Why am I still here? Can't find anywhere else to go. The SECOND I find another position they will get an earful before I quit.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhat difference would it make? The management knows exactly what they are doing. And are doing nothing to change it.... for the employees.

Disorganized Company, Weak Systems, Impersonal Experience

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
Tampa, FL (US)

I have been working at SYKES part-time for less than a year

Pros: ability to work at home Cons: Ineffective training that was too short and did not prepare us for work; trainers and floor support representatives who talked condescendingly to us, too much… Advice to Senior Management: be more sensitive to the needs of your agents, as they are the face of your company. unhappy agents will make for bad customer… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

My experience was bad because although they talk like they will work around your school schedule they wont.

Customer Service Agent, Technical Support (Former Employee)
Malvern, AR (US)

I worked at SYKES full-time for less than a year

Pros: The pay is alright and you never have to work overnights.… Cons: If you go one minute over on a break you get wrote up. If you… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on SYKES.

Worked for SYKES? Contribute to the Community!

SYKES – Why Work for Us?

For more than 30 years, SYKES has been in the business of creating and maintaining satisfying relationships between client companies and their customers. During this time, they have also been creating gratifying jobs… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SYKES reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for SYKES CEO Chuck Sykes. All reviews posted anonymously by SYKES employees.