There are newer employer reviews for SYKES

The worst of the worst.... I pray, every day, to get away!

Current Employee - Customer Service  in  Saint Louis, MO (US)
Current Employee - Customer Service in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I have been working at SYKES part-time for more than a year

Pros

With the price of gas, it saves... a little.

Cons

Where do I start? The salary SUCKS. They have the money to pay more, but don't. They make sure that you are listed as "part-time" so benefits are zero. They that every day & time is "mandatory", especially holidays, so that they do not have to give holiday pay. They made sure to read the labor law o they can skate around every benefit, and anything that would benefit the employee.

They care NOTHING about the employee. They demand that you work overtime under threat of repercussions, reprimands, etc. they want you to work when they want, how long they want, and then have the nerve to HINT to you that you cant check your work email, you schedule while you are on the clock. They can't tell you not to because that would be in violation of federal law, making you work off the clock, but with threats, innuendos and other bullying tactics that is what they do.

They expect employees to do everything for the customer and give us, the employee nothing in return. I found out that a different contractor that has an account with the same as sykes, is paying their employees a higher incentive to do THE EXACT SAME WORK!

They set everything up so that you have no out. If you want time off & try to give it to them well in advance, the system will not accept it. If you wait until the system accepts it, too bad, can't get it.

They briefly mentioned PTO, and benefits, and have said nothing about it since. If you ask, you get ignored. I guess they regretted it, changed their mind and hope that everybody develops amnesia.

Their software is a joke and they take every opportunity to try to say it is the employees issue, so they don't have to pay you while they fix their problems.

If you DARE voice your opinion, you are labeled a troublemaker and targeted, nit-picked and harassed.

Why am I still here? Can't find anywhere else to go. The SECOND I find another position they will get an earful before I quit.

What difference would it make? The management knows exactly what they are doing. And are doing nothing to change it.... for the employees.

328 Other Employee Reviews for SYKES (View Most Recent)

Disorganized Company, Weak Systems, Impersonal Experience

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Tampa, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tampa, FL (US)

I have been working at SYKES part-time for less than a year

Pros

ability to work at home

Cons

Ineffective training that was too short and did not prepare us for work; trainers and floor support representatives who talked condescendingly to us, too much focus on one main "resource of information" when this resource is incomplete and not tailored for the types of calls that we get; imbalance of support reps to agents; insensitivity to needs of agents; constant "mandatory/voluntary" overtime.

be more sensitive to the needs of your agents, as they are the face of your company. unhappy agents will make for bad customer service. choose quality over quantity. understand that they would not ask you questions if they had not checked their resources. become more of a team with your agents.

If you need a true friend, you better be here.

I worked at SYKES as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

The Benefits and the People.

Cons

Speechless, I love Sykes much!

There are newer employer reviews for SYKES

Worked for SYKES? Contribute to the Community!