SYKES
www.sykes.com Tampa, FL 5000+ Employees

Disorganized, Terrible Systems and Management unqualified

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
Norfolk, VA (US)

I have been working at SYKES part-time for more than a year

ProsThe ability to work from home

ConsSykes have Team Managers (TM) that really needs training. The whole Sykes Management team needs traning or hire qualified employees!

1. You can not bully someone to work mandatory overtime!!! If you don't work you will be "terminated"! This could be a lawsuit in the making!!! Scheduling training after your shift is over! The turnover rate is soooo high and they need agents on the phones!!!! You wouldn't have this problem, if you valued the employees and give them more money!

2. Their system is a joke! Their systems are always failing, then IT tells you, it's your ISP.

2. The training for new hire needs to be longer, very ineffective! Their motto is you will learn once you start taking calls. The employee needs to learn the basic first.

3. Pay in very inadequate. But it's something, until something else comes along and that is going to be pretty soon! All the demands that has been applied to the CSRs, is absurd! You don't pay much, it's part-time because you are not allowed to work over 39 hours, but they want you to work the 39 hours each week. Demanding, using tacky and unlawful tactics will only cause for your employees to go against you and not want to work for you.

4. Employee morale is low!!!! Employees are under appreciated, underpaid. Why would I want to continue to work for a company that operates like the owner name is "Gyp Rosetti" (Boardwalk Empire HBO tv show).

5. Management is very incompetent! Always trying to find a negative in everything you do! Nothing Positive! A person minds starts to rebel once you tell them what they will do or else! That's more like a threat.

6. Company does not keep their promise.....Where is our pto (paid time off)? I guess they offered it to us then took it back.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay employees more, If you want to make something mandatory, make it "mandatory" for upper and lower management to have a college degree in Business Management! So they can successfully manage the employees!

The key to a success business is not bullying, demanding, using unlawful tactics like you are "Gyp Rosetti" to "make" your employees do something!!! But one of the keys to having a successful business is "employee morale"! If you don't have employees that are happy, it will be directed to your customers and in turn, SYKES will lose business.

Back Up team manager

Back Up Team Manager (Former Employee)
San Salvador (El Salvador)

I worked at SYKES full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: a good Solidaridie between co workers Cons: Hard to clime inside the enterprise Advice to Senior Management: Need to improve in their Mangement by values No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Good experience, bad money, but Ok i guess

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
Budapest (Hungary)

I worked at SYKES full-time for more than a year

Pros: Fun, liberating, didnt mind too much working there, had fun at the corporate parties, the colleagues are mostly fun to talk to, generally all of… Cons: Bad salary, have to work weird hours, like saturday nights, definately not enough money, bad placement of the building, expensive cafeteria.… Advice to Senior Management: Pay people more No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on SYKES.

Worked for SYKES? Contribute to the Community!

SYKES – Why Work for Us?

For more than 30 years, SYKES has been in the business of creating and maintaining satisfying relationships between client companies and their customers. During this time, they have also been creating gratifying jobs… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SYKES reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for SYKES CEO Chuck Sykes. All reviews posted anonymously by SYKES employees.