Safety-Kleen

www.safety-kleen.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Safety-Kleen

Worked there 22 years and the last 5 were pure hell.

Former Employee - Business Development in Atlanta, GA (US)
Former Employee - Business Development in Atlanta, GA (US)

I worked at Safety-Kleen full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good people in the branch. Good Benefits.

Cons

Never has a company sttod in the way of its own success as Safety-Kleen does. They have no idea what true sales is about nor do they act like they want to. If you own a home, good luck working here. You have no idea what you will make year to year because they come out with a different pay plan every year. Morale has sunk since 2003 and from what I am told is no better today.

Wake up and look around at the leadership in your Areas. Atlanta used to be a proud Area and now due to the loss of quality people flounders with its leadership. The problem is there are other Areas with the same problem and no focus from Corporate.

117 Other Employee Reviews for Safety-Kleen (View Most Recent)

A great place to work

Former Employee - Territory Manager in Addison, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Territory Manager in Addison, TX (US)

I worked at Safety-Kleen full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Positive environment, casual dress code, supportive staff are just some of the reasons I enjoyed working at Safety Kleen. Generous gift card rewards for frequent contests, and great benefits, days off allowed life work balance.

Cons

My only complaints was that there was a ceiling on the commissions I could earn, and although I received a nice severence package, the sudden release of 150+ of us, was a big shock.

Don.t hire a call center staff without planning the what, ifs.

30% turnover.

Current Employee - Market Sales Specialist in West Brookfield, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Market Sales Specialist in West Brookfield, MA (US)

I have been working at Safety-Kleen full-time

Pros

Good off site training. Good people but they don't stay around long. Medical is good and begins on your first day (prob bc so many people leave quickly).

Cons

For sales, there are wat too many steps post customer visit. It really is absurd how long it takes to meet the required CRM work, quotes, and profiles. I am willing to put in the effort but it takes so long that it takes away from selling time.

Need much more in the field training

Managment is like a revolving door- and that is who trains you!

Simplify the sales process. It's understandable wanting accountability but the process very much feels like big brother watching over you. Not much trust. I think if Managment took the time to go through the sales process, they would then realize how time consuming and redundant it is.

There are newer employer reviews for Safety-Kleen