Good company

Former Employee - Engineering Technician II  in  Austin, TX (US)
Former Employee - Engineering Technician II in Austin, TX (US)

I worked at Samsung Austin Semiconductor full-time for less than a year

Pros

This is a good company to work for. Quarterly bonuses are nice. Reward for having to work holidays if you're on one of the 12 hour shifts make up for having to work those days, and having an excelerated work week is NICE! Who can complain about having a guarranteed 3 day weekend every week, then a 4 day weekend every other week. That was my favorite schedule that I've ever worked. The stipend for the onsite cafeterias that were offered while I was there were nice too.

Cons

If you're a salaried employee (not hourly) you will be expected to work far beyond the typical 40 hour work week.

Don't take employees for granted and perhaps to a better job as to the over achievers who truely to go beyond the call of duty.

Other Reviews for Samsung Austin Semiconductor

Equipment Technician

Current Employee - Equipment Technician  in  Austin, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Equipment Technician in Austin, TX (US)

I have been working at Samsung Austin Semiconductor full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fair pay and good hours. Plenty of overtime available as projects are constantly being created to improve equipment and working conditions.

Cons

Do as I Say mentality when it comes to new procedures. Bickering and arguments between shift that managers seem to not recognize.

Listen to employees when they try to provide feedback

Disappointed

Current Employee - Engineering Technician  in  Austin, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Engineering Technician in Austin, TX (US)

Pros

Great work hours for hourly workers, Great Coworkers

Cons

This place in one word is a disappointment. When you start they feed you a lot of positive BS that never turns around. The Benefits are not great but, OK. And for being a mutliBILLION dollar company work life sucks.

Pay the people who mean the most (Technicians) more than what they are getting paid.

There are newer employer reviews for Samsung Austin Semiconductor.

Worked for Samsung Austin Semiconductor? Contribute to the Community!